Toby won't eat!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since we're discussing simethicone... the one caution I have with simethicone products (especially the infant formulas -- haven't recently looked at the adult ones) is to check the Inactive ingredients. Most (perhaps all?) include a sugar-alcohol such as maltitol, xylitol, sorbitol, etc. One of the main side-effects of these "inactive ingredients" in humans is ... gas.

When I buy simethicone, I allow myself plenty of time to stand and read all the labels... And I am more cautious about giving it!

Kathy

How is Toby doing? How are you? Feeling calmer?

Toby seems to be going OK this morning. He greeted me in his normal, grunty bunny way. I got plenty of kisses, too! I haven't seen him poop much, but he is not laying around and being lethargic like yesterday. Today's bunny breakfast: Kleenmama's hay. He attacked the bowl and has been chomping away!

Thanks to everyone for posting!

I am just a little ticked at Will for leaving the pretzel bag out. The thing is, Toby pulled the bag across a 24+" side table to get them on the bed. :twitch:

He ate a good amount of hay, but I will have will watch for poos. There were only a few so far...

Ya just can't trust most men to keep their stuff picked up ... and then they complain when a bunny eats it (especially if it is a remote!)

Glad things are good this morning.

K

I really don't know how I missed this--so sorry. It's good that he's better and eating a lot of hay. Did you end up getting the simethicone? I got mine late one night at the 24-hr Sentry store in the baby section.

Also, I think some BeneBac would be really good for him because it could have been gas that was upsetting him, but it could have been a gut bacteria imbalance. There's no ill effects of BeneBac. I think most pet stores have it.

Bunnies will do almost anything to get at things they're not supposed to have.

I wound up sending Will to the store to get the simethicone and pedialyte. He found both and brought them home. I gave him .1-ish of a dose (whatever measurement they're in). I guess while I was out today, Toby was into EVERYTHING! He was on the bed, under the bed, binky-fests across the carpet... He was like a totally new rabbit! He even jumped up on the bed and gave Will tons of bunny-kisses on the nose. He normally will give Will a kiss or two, but this was full-on bunny kisses. He was his normal, mischievous self by the time I got home from work.

Latest posts

Back