To switch cages or not?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should we switch their cages?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

buck rogers

Reaction score
We are currently trying to bond our bunnies Ella and Murphy for the second time. When we first got Murphy we were told that we shouldn't really switch their cages as it make the bunnies uncomfortable. Most of the things I have read has said to switch them. So I wanted to ask here what you guys think.

It will make them uncomfortable to begin with, but if you continue to switch their cages regularly, they should get used to it. This happened with Billy and Ronnie...at first Ronnie was really uncomfortable being put in Billy's cage. After a while he got a lot better with it. However, if you stop switching them for a while and then suddenly start again, they'll be back to the point they were at when you first started.

We never got to the actual bonding process because we realized that we don't have the time to bond Billy and Ronnie right now. So we stopped switching cages, but will try this method in the future if we ever do have the time to try to bond them.

Good luck with everything! :)

I have heard the switching cages thing, but i have also heard of switching there toys, bed and things like that. Do they have a bed maybe you can switch the beds back and forth.

Latest posts

Back