to our younger posters!!!!!!!!!!and new additions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjsara

Reaction score
im sure your very glad you found ourforum i know i was and i have been here for almost a year now and havelearned so so much. there are alot of great people here.

please understand when youwrite a post(topic) and wereply no one is attacking you or calling you names or picking onanyone.

we simply are sharing our knowledge with you and our opinionsif you don't agree you are entitled to that but please don't confuse ustring to help as trying to offend.

this is a wonderful place as long as there isn't drama added tothe situation. with that said welcome and look forward to talking toyou

sara

I just wanted to say That I had a problem with mybunny, and I came on here looking for advice and help, everyone was sohelpful and kind. I really appriciate the kindness and I learned somuch from just one day! Rabbit Forum Is the Best!!! :D

Thanks for this post GJSara. I'm intotal agreement - we don't want this place to turn into aplayground. Save the drama for somewhere else.

Rebecca:)

Also would like to say to ournot-so-young or new membersnot to be so quick tojudge. Because we do have some younger members, they deservenot to be spoken down to. We were all newat this once.

Unless it's obvious that someone is trolling rather than just askingquestions truly trying to learn, then they need to be cut a break aswell.

-Carolyn

Yes, I agree with Carolyn! The youngermembers, like myself (I'm 18), shoud be treated as equal. Butat the same time I have seen a lot of younger posters use their age asan excuse to not be spoken down to. Bottom line is:

treat everyone equally. Age shouldn't ever have to be broughtup, whether you are the person being corrected or correcting someoneelse.

Thankfully, I have never hada problem with anyone, andhopefully no one has ever had a problem with me! I love ithere! Only been here a month and I feel like I've been heresince the website started!

Love,

Vanessa (and Cosmo, of course!)

Thanks Sara for this post, I think that sometimes people take the passion people have as criticism.

Carolyn - I agree. I think that we have a tendency to think thateveryone here is of the same maturity level. Often theyounger members are offended easier because they are just trying tolearn. We need to remember when we all were a little youngerand didn't take criticism very well and try to reply to everyone in away as to offer advice and not offend. I believe this isespecially important for those who are starting out as we do not knowhow they will handle any sort of criticism.

This said, I also agree with Vanessa that everyone needs to be treated equally.

Maybe we could ask all new members to make a post about themselves sowe could try to gain knowledge about them. I belong to aferret forum where we do this and I find it to be reallyhelpful. We actually have a separate section on the forum forthis.

Jen

Jen, I think that's a really good idea! I wouldlove to read about everyone. Although, I could also see thisbeing a problem..we do get new members every day...and that could addup toa lot of posts, don't you think?

-Vanessa

Maybe make a post that says something like tell us about you and everyone use that thread. Just my idea.

Cristy

We don't want to have a lot of stickied posts at the top of the forumand they are adding up as far as we're concerned.Alsotend to think that it's not really necessary to post aperson's ageand want to discourage people from giving out toomuch personal information about themselves or their lives on theinternet for theirown safety.

Another valued member of this forum had suggested such a post a fewweeks ago and it was decided not to go that route. Willrevisit it this issue again and discuss it with Danielle when there'stime in our schedules.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back