To keep or not to keep...like that's even a question. LOL

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendymac

Reaction score
Babies, at 5 weeks old. I absolutely love them...they have so much character!!

Patty is the one missing most of her one ear. She's the best built of them all (of course) and the one that's never still. She's always running, binkying, zooming around to the point it's almost impossible to get a picture.

Lucy is the other solid girl. She's a lover! And she's more of a private investigator. She checks out everything and anything. If there's something she's doing (like trying to get behind my sewing table) I say, "No" and redirect her. And that results in 3 hours of her insisting she's going to check it out regardless of what I say. LOL

Linus is our bloodhound! If there's food, he's finding it. He spends most of his time trying to get into the 3 gallon food bucket, or into Max's Calf Manna, etc.

On another note, Roo's babies are all doing well. All 8 are still alive, fat, and starting to get fuzzy. They're almost a week old already, which I find hard to believe.

linus.jpg

lucy.jpg

patty.jpg

Patty definitely has the best crown! And the best body. LOL Lucy's crown is okay, but in person I think Linus's is a bit better...he's just smaller so it's harder to tell. They're hard to take pictures of because the second I let them go they are in my face. Literally. And usually trying to chew some part of the camera. I'm not in such a hurry for spring to come now because then they'll have to move to the barn. It's funny when they're running around and I say, "Babies!" and tap the floor...you just see 3 balls of flying fur coming towards you. And sometimes smacking into you, because apparently the gas pedals are easier to work than the brake pedal. haha

Patty's definitely my favorite, too! The girl is a hoot, and just oozes personality.

The Charlie Brown theme would be more obvious if Snoopy would have made it. :( Now I'm trying to come up with another Charlie theme for Roo's babies. Because there are 8 of them, I was thinking famous Charlie's. Like Sheen, Bronson, etc. But that won't help with the females (which I'm hoping there are a few of. LOL).

Of all the female names you come up with Chubby? LOL

That's not a bad idea either. There's only so many ways to play the female version of charlie and I think charlize is it!

No! I meant CH for the males in the litter, too...hence the Chubby. LOL

When she first had them, and we saw Patty's ear, the family was like, "Ahh...a cute pet bunny." I'm like, "Uh, no, future brood doe, thank you!" She's been the nicest looking one since birth, even with just 1 ear. We joke now and say, "She's doing her ND imitation" (when you can only see the stubby ear). LOL

They are all so cute :) I always like to come up with a theme for naming a litter. I had a litter of californians where I named them with the first letter of their name starting with one letter, and the next baby would have a name that started with the letter after that. Some names from that litter were Ping Pong and King Kong. I think that their dad was named Big Boy and his dad was named Jumbo. I had a litter of babies named after seasonings (cinnamon, cyan, nutmeg, and spice). I had a patriotic litter (stars and stripes (name for 1 rabbit), lone star, liberty bell etc...). I forget the themes for the other litters now.

Sad news...Linus isn't a "Linus" but a "Marcie". lol I NEVER get any darn bucks...always does. I'm hoping, out of Roo's 8 babies, that at least one of them is a decent buck.

Lol I always used to not have enough does. But Marcie is a cute name!

Marcie's the girl that calls Patty "Sir" all the time. LOL I really wanted a Linus, Pigpen, and Snoopy, but no such luck. Maybe the sex fairy will turn it back into a penis! lol

Latest posts

Back