To Everyone On This Board

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
In light of recent events this week, with thetragic losses of Ben, Bunbunand Thumper, the uncertainty ofCupcake, Pam's chinchilla and everything else that seems to be goingon, I just would like to say how touched I am by everyone here. We havebecome a very close knit group, sharing stories and our lives with eachother. I know I can always count on you guys here with anything, be itbunny problems, funny stuff, or even personal issues, such as mymother's divorce.

This week has been hard. Seems to me this is the time of year forhappiness and family, for giving and joy. Instead, some of our membersare heartbroken and we all share the pain of their loss.

I guess I just wanted to say how much all of you have come to mean tome as friends, how much I look forward to logging on daily and that Iam proud of all of us for how we stick together.

That was beautifully stated, Stephanie. Bless your heart.

We're all hurting.

Thank you for stepping up and posting this.

-Carolyn

I second thatStephanie. The only thing that would make it any better is if we couldrun across the streetto sit in each others kitchens to swapour stories, give our hugs and see each other kids and bunnies. Howeversilly it may sound to some of my"non-cyber" friends andfamily,I really don'tlike going a day without youguys.

The bunny boathouse thing was justwishful thinking for me but I'm going to make it happen. I am going tobe there. I hope some of you will go. Iso much want to meetsome of you. Hear you laugh, see you smile, sit around all evening andtell stories. We have to make it happen!

Raspberry

It certainly is time to give thanks andappreciate wonderful friends! This board is a rare birdindeed where so many can come together in such fellowship.

Pam

Wooooah, wait a second, when did Big Ben die???Did I miss something here?? I really hope I just read thiswrong...because it doesn't make sense to me right now.

:(I'm saddened by this news....:(

Ben died very suddenly, and tragically,yesterday. There are a couple posts aboutit...
icon_cry.gif

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
The only thing that would makeit any better is if we could run across the streetto sit ineach others kitchens to swap our stories, give our hugs and see eachother kids and bunnies.
Isn't that thetruth?
However silly it may sound to some ofmy"non-cyber" friends and family,I reallydon'tlike going a day without youguys.
What? you get those looks like"yeah, computer friends.... " too?

This is a great forum, I am addicted to it now, since everybody are so nice and helpful. It feels like a family here.

Yep, then I had a friend visit from Australia,and everyone was amazed what a great person they were..... how close wewere..... and now some understand.

While I have friends in the "real world" I don't have time to go seethem, hang out and just talk, and none of them have bunnies! so itdoesn't work out as well as sometimes being online with friends.

Plus, we all love bunnies! LOL

Stephanie, you put my feelings into words :). Ihave laughed, been concerned, learned and ,of course, cried, witheveryone on here and I feel lost if I miss a days posts. It is just sonice to share things with peopl that REALLY underrstand, and I am soglad for your company - Jan

Finding this forum made me truly begin toappreciate my rabbits for what and who they are. Sharing their storiesand reading others gives me a boost every day. I check on this forum atleast four times a day just to read all the posts and offer help,compliments, sympathy, and happiness. I always feel better after cominghere, thanks everyone for being so great, andfor sharing inour joys and our sorrows.

Fergi's mom

What a wonderful post :) Good *&^!experiencing every emotion possible tonight by following everythingthat has happened. It truly was a saving grace when I was alone inTaiwan, and now it has become my home away from home-nowhere and noreal friends have been so supportive, knowledgeable, friendly,lovable and generally compassionate about the lives of our bun's THANHERE! I lubb you all :) Even when we get our own lives involved, thesame beautiful words are used to describe everyone here.

Cher

I think most are hard pressed to find friendsoutside of the internet that share so much with ourselves. I have toadmit most of my good friends that i have met in person started outbeing internet friends. after all it's the best place todiscover bunny nuts LOL

Here on the forum, we must think about what we'retyping, which means we give it more forethought than just running offat the mouth. Here on the forum, we must read each other'sposts, which means everyone is "heard" 'til completion, withoutinterruption, or someone being inattentiveby planning toretort before the poster has even finished his/her say.

I think we get a quicker, fuller glimpse of one another's characterbecause there were no prior "expectations" upon our arrival and we hadnone of those people already here. We are accepted andappreciated at face value, as the case may be, soley on our own verbalmerits.

We are bound together by a common bond of love of our furry littlefriends. We all know we are not the "norm" amongst thegeneral population, or even the pet owning population, but we know weare understood here.

Yes, we are like a family...if my family could even begin to understand what a dimension you all have added to my life.

Pleased to meet ya and make yer acquaintance...friend!

Buck

Wow, Buck! I don'tknow that anyone has ever put my feelings into words so well when Ididn't even have a clue that's what I needed to say. I have such a busyhousehold and life. It's so rushed all the time. I never, ever, get tofinish a conversation. I am interrupted constantly. My husband andchildren walk out of a room when I'm in the middle of a sentencebecause there is always somewhere to be or something goingon.It's a terrible feeling when you feel like those aroundyou don't feel like your input is of enough value to listen to what youhave to say. I suspect that's why I tend to ramble so much on theforum. :?I'm a girl with a lot to say and so few places tovent! I especially liked this part -

Buck said - "I think we get a quicker,fuller glimpse of one another's character because there were no prior"expectations" upon our arrival and we had none of those people alreadyhere. We are accepted and appreciated at face value, as thecase may be, solely on our own verbal merits"

How awesome!

Raspberry

Latest posts

Back