To Doc Nock

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyMommy

Reaction score
Pam, I've really been enjoying the sketches that you've been putting out here for us to see, and you avatar is simply FABULOUS!

By chance, do you have any sketches already done of any Californians?

You are such a sweetie :)My avatar is agraphic that I did based on an actual photo of a rabbit that Matthewhad named "Small Black Bunny".

I've mostly done Holland Lops because I was editing a Holland Lopnewsletter and needed clipart. I also did a lot of DwarfHotots because my daughter bred them.Intime,I also added some misc. breeds and a few breeds byrequest for those who wanted them for crafts, embroidery, glassetchings, etc.

Although I don't have an actual Cal, I did do a pointed white HollandLop and a generic commercial breed (shown below). I hope todo more in the future, but a busy schedule has kept me from my pencils(although I did recently add a few new ones to my Holland collection).

My current project is updating the Pennsylvania State rabbit bowlquestions. They all have to be referenced, so it's very timeconsuming.

We get up at 5:30 and homeschool takes us most of the day. Weuse a structured curriculum and in addition to that pursue otherinterests. For instance, Matthew has started learning to playthe guitar (ouch! Our fingers are sore), is also learning alittle Spanish and is studying and practicing for the PennsylvaniaState Rabbit Royalty contest. We also did a heart dissectionlab today as well as observing blood clotting (Luckily, son Ryan wasnot squeamish about donating blood for that lab). Earlier inthe week, we observed blood traveling through the microscopiccapillaries of a fish tail (note:fish do not takewell to being placed under the microscope LOL).

Someday, it would be really cool to have some free time :)

Pam

Oh, wow! He's beautiful!!!And actually his body shape and facial features very much put me in themind of my Sherman!

I'm wondering, Pam, if you would do well in formally putting together apicture book of your sketches and submitting them to apublisher. They really are lovely and show such finesse.

I'll bet you a ripe carrot that there's a whole market of bunny loversout there who'd be willing to pay for a copy. I know that Iwould. :)

That really is cute, Pam! :dude:

-Carolyn

pamnock wrote:
Ipost many of the clip arts on my website, and they are free foreveryone to use for their newsletters,websites and crafts :)

http://www.geocities.com/pamnock/

Pam

Pam,

I printed your Rabbit Quizzes for the girls. They're going to beshowing in 4H for the first time at the end of this month. We've beenworking on getting them ready. Do you know if showing rabbits in 4H isthe same as showing them inARBA shows? Theyve done that soI'm hoping they at least ahve the basics down.

Do you know of any other sites with additional info onshowmanship? I tried the links at the bottom of your showmanship pagebut they didnt work. Thanks

Lanna

lanna21974 wrote:

Pam,

I printed your Rabbit Quizzes for the girls. They're going to beshowing in 4H for the first time at the end of this month. We've beenworking on getting them ready. Do you know if showing rabbits in 4H isthe same as showing them inARBA shows? Theyve done that soI'm hoping they at least ahve the basics down.

Do you know of any other sites with additional info onshowmanship? I tried the links at the bottom of your showmanship pagebut they didnt work. Thanks

Lanna

The ARBA breed shows and 4-H breed shows are often varysimilar. Most 4-H shows use the ARBA Standard ofPerfection as a general guide, however they may group classesdifferently depending on size. For breed shows, the exhibitorjust has to put the rabbit on the show table -- the judge does all thehandling.

Sorry about the dead showmanship links. The sites have movedand I'll have to track down the new links. You can find anumber of different showmanship guides by doing an internet search for"rabbit showmanship". The guide I have posted is verycomprehensive. You'll want to check to see if your county hastheir own showmanship guidelines (there is no set standard, so thereare many different ones.)

Most guides follow the same basic outline:

1. Carry the rabbit properly to the table

2. Pose the rabbit on the table

3. Check ears

4. Turn rabbit over

5. Check eyes

6. Check nose

7. Check teeth

8. Check legs & toenails

9. Check Sex

10. Check tail

11. Turn rabbit over, pose again, check fur, type, color etc.

The presentation/public speaking skills are also very important, so daily practice is recommended.

Some ofmy sketches are done by handwith pencils. My avatar is from a computer editedphotograph. The original photograph was very blurry andsimply appeared as a rabbit shaped black blob. I made an eyeand put in highlights, and also lightened the color.

Pam

Thanks Pam!!! I'll be working with them more asthe show draws closer. They already work with the buns a lot so theyshould be fine with everything but I'd like to make sure theyre doingeverything right. I'll do that search and do some more reading.

Lanna

Pam,

I really do love this avatar more than your other one. I knowthe other one is you're 'staple', but in my opinion, this one has morepersonality, and is much happier, and cuter.

:)

I'm glad you gave it a shot.

-Carolyn

pamnock wrote:
Thank you :)? The other one is on my business card, however, black bunnies are my favorite!

Pam

The next time you get your cards printed, consider this one.

It's great, and very well detailed. I love the way the left ear isflopping. Little one turned his head fast to catch a butterfly goingby.

-Carolyn

I didn't see the bee in the avatar. When I saw the bigger picture...I realized.

That's even cuter because he's getting his ears out of the way so he doesn't get stung.

-Carolyn

Back