To be bunny owner

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm getting a bunny soon and I don't know what to name it its going to be a girl and is a Holland lop breed I'm also curious about their personality can someone tell me their personality and some bunny names please??? Thank you

No way to know the personality until you meet her. Every rabbit has its own unique personality -- may be shy, may be outgoing, may be a troublemaker -- no way to know. Once you've gotten to know her, then you'll be in a better position to name her. Some names will only fit with certain personalities - ya know?

Have you checked the other sections of the forum to get prepared for your bunny? The Housing and Environment stickies and the Nutrition and Behavior stickies?

Where are you getting your bunny -- a pet shop, a breeder, a rescue?

I agree, it's tough to know personality until you get to know them. Most are pretty independent, although some like to cuddle. Bandit is independent, he also loves getting pets, but he doesn't like being cuddled up and held. The main thing to remember with rabbits is that they're prey animals, so new environments, people and smells will often scare them, so you need to give them a couple of days just in their cage to settle in and feel at home before you start handling her too much.

As for names, you can use almost anything. Some people use human names, some character names from movies/books/tv, or descriptive names based on appearance or personality. It's personal preference :)

I'm going to get her from a breeder they had one rescue bunny her personality was sweet and gentle I called and she was adopted so they said they would have a bunny just like the sweet and gentle one ready for me to get from the breeder in June

Latest posts

Back