To answer you question :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK I have been getting some PM's about our chihuahahu puppy. As a lot of you remember Jason surprised me with a puppy that we were going to pick up on V-day. Well as you also might remember that happened BEFORE Muppet. After talking about this at length we decided that a puppy just was not going to work now that we have special needs Muppet. We chose keeping Miss.Muppet over getting a puppy. However the puppy was already payed for so we did pick her up from the breeder. We did buy all the puppy supplies and then we surprised our dear friend Kerry who is also our hair stylist. Kerry was so overjoyed she cried. The puppy is now named Lita :)

Oh for anyone who will say your not supposed to give an animal as a gift. When we told Kerry about the puppy she had asked if there were anymore in the litter so she could also get one. Also Muppet has gained enough weight to be spayed and her surgery is March.2nd.

I will be sure to get some from Kerry who also owns the condo next to us. So we see Lita all the time. Living next door to our hair stylist is great too because she makes house calls :) We both really wanted a puppy but we wanted to give a forever home to Muppet more. Also we thought that a puppy AND Muppet just would not be fair to Fraggles who is still our number one baby.

That's a really thoughtful decision! Muppet and Fraggles
are really lucky to have you to consider their feelings
in situations :)

Well you know Jason and I have issues with people who just think of there pets as "property". Fraggles and Muppet are living beings and its our responsablity to make there time here on earth happy and joyful. They both had rough beginnings and we consider it a miracle that they are even alive. We owe it to them to make them happy and one thing they deserve is to not have "parents" who are stretched to thin with a lot of animals. I am not saying that people who have more then we do are doing something wrong. I am just saying that everyone has a limit. For some people its only 1 and for others it could be 20. Jason and I are at our limit with 2. Plus Muppet needs special care and that has to be considered. All the puppy supplies would just be more for her to navagate.

I think it's really great you and your husband know your
limits :)

My boyfriends, brother's girlfriend is not caring like you at all... She thinks she's a saint because her and her mum rescue puppies from the shelter but once the puppy gets older they just get another puppy... they have 11 dogs now but they never once considered adopting one of the older dogs that were less likely to be adopted and probably put down :(

Ya see that's really sad. We have always said if we ever adopt a kitty its going to be an older kitty. Jason would love to have one and the older kitties always need homes. But that is not in the cards right now. The condo is not very big and we are even talking about selling it in another year. Then maybe we will get a kitty.

Aww that would be the sweetest to adopt an older cat!!!! :)
I'm not sure if it's the same in the US as it is here But most shelters have so many abandoned cats that it's almost and infestation type thing :(

I wish we had a rabbit rescue type thing here...
the RSPCA and all the animal shelters only take in cats and dogs...

and like Michelle said... You have a lobster now too lol.
So sweet of you to have rescued it :p

Understand completely. So glad your friend has the puppy. Responsibility is the key to happy, healthy animals. You do what you can within your limits. Congratulations, you are to be commended. Just for knowing your limits. My hats off to you.

K :)

I know it's hard to set your limit and stick to it. But you're doing the right thing. What's important is you thought about the welfare of the animals in your care. I wish everybody did...

And adopting an older kitty is always a good idea! I adopted my kitty about a month ago, and I specifically told the rescue I wanted a kitty 5years old or older. So my Sophie is 5 or 6 ( they don't know exactly ) and she's a sweetie :biggrin2:

That is wonderful that everything went so well so all the animals and people are happy :)

Sometimes I struggle with sticking to my limit, but I know it wouldn't be fair to my current babies if we brought home more. The only kitten I had was one that was an hour old (abandoned by his mom) that was going to be put down because he was so young. Honestly, a kitten is such a pain in the tush that it makes me more than happy to adopt older cats that don't need quite so much training in manners. It probably didn't help that he never had siblings so we had to teach him not to bite and scratch, but still. I tend to take special needs or ones that have been in the shelter for a long time.

Katie, you and Jason are so cool that I'm glad to know you :)

Latest posts

Back