TKSRBA Fall Show

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blaze_Amita

Reaction score
Well tomorrow is the annual Fall Kentucky State RBA show. I'll be bringing 9 dutch and 4 new zealands, and I think we're ready to kick some bunny butt!! It'll probably be the last one of the year for me, unless the weather cooperates for the New Years eve show in Wilmington Ohio. I'm hoping to be able to put the last legs I need to on a couple of my dutch so they can be granded.

Connie- Black senior doe- Has a jr BOB leg, and a BOV sr leg

Natalie- Steel senior doe- has BOV jr leg, BOS sr leg

Syd- Gray senior buck- has BOSV jr leg, BOB sr leg- this will probably be his last show,he's 3.5 years old and having a hard time keeping coat condition

Colby- Tort senior buck- has no legs but he's also older I just never put him on the table- so it's my fault there.

Raf- blue senior buck- a BOB sr leg and a BOSV win(no leg there). He never saw a show table as a jr.

Marcie- Blue senior doe- first time out as a senior, but has a BOB jr leg and a BOSV win under her belt already

Kylie- blue senior doe- she's just for the heck of it, she's in condition and she's older. Last chance for showing until she's fully retired to brood

And I have two juniors going out for the first time, Rachel- a tort doe, and Becky a blue doe.

I'll be coming back with pictures and info!!

ANyone else on here going??

Not going but good luck!! I wish we had more show bunny friends :/

I hope your Dutch and New Zealand's do good!

Hope you had a great show day!

Just an FYI ... the Wilmington, Ohio show will not be on New Years Eve this year. It will be the Saturday before which is December 29th.

Well we actually had a larger turnout in dutch than I had anticipated- Tim Wiley from Alabama showed up with 29 dutch alone! plus Marge Drake, Angela, Catherine and her boys and mom, me and Mr. Perkins- we must have had 70 or so dutch there.

Show A- Judge Bruce Ormsby

BOV black with Connie (out of 6 sr does)

BOSV blue with Raf(out of 2 blue senior bucks)

BOV blue with Marcie (Out of 2 blue sr does- Kylie was 2nd of the two)

BOV steel with Natalie(out of 2 sr does- only two steels to come)

Colby snuck off with 1st sr tort buck- beaten out by the jr buck, Becky was 2nd jr blue doe of 2 jr does, Syd was 2nd of 2 in Gray Sr bucks(the only 2 grays to show). BOB went to Tim Wiley and his jr tort doe- but the judge took almost 15 minutes to decide between My black sr doe, my blue sr doe and the tort jr doe for best of breed- that's comfort enough for me! His sr black buck took BOS. I knew Syd wouldn't do much of anything, but he was there for Registration anyway so I figured I'd toss his old butt up on the table anyway.

Here's Syd snoozing in my lap after the first show and getting Registered:

DSCN3023.jpg

DSCN2952.jpg

Show B was under Tom Berger- he was funny when he was chosing his Best of varieties.

Connie was 1st out of 4(1 was DQ'd this time) in Black sr does- beaten by a jr this time

Raf was 1 of 3, BOV blue sr buck, he went on to take BOS. I knew the new additional buck this time, I even went over him with his owner(which was actually a youth).

Marcie was 1st out of 2 again, with Kylie in 2nd for blue sr does, and Becky was 2nd of 2 in blue jr does. Syd again was 2nd of 2 in grays(sr bucks on both again). This time around Natalie lost to the other steel sr doe and was 2nd of 2. Colby took 2nd of 4 in tort sr bucks.

The funny thing with Tom Berger, was after he picked Raf for BOV, he sent the black buck back, saying he can't beat the blue buck, sent the gray buck back as well- stating they can't beat the blue buck. He was totally hooked on my blue buck, plus when he was going through the Sr does- I had the only 2, Marcie and Kylie. He went over Kylie and then looked up at me(He knew the two were mine) and said she's older, isn't she? She's showing her age! I about died laughing, yes Kylie's older but I wanted opinion on body type. I'd only shown her a couple of times when she was younger and under different judges so I wanted another opinion or two.

So while I'm still waiting for Capital City RBA show report and legs from September to get here(says he had computer trouble) and these ones get here, at the next show I should be able to go ahead and get a chunk of my girls and Raf registered.

Ohh and the New Zealands:

Show A had a BOSV with Juliet(the sr doe) but I had the only jr's there, Show B Juliet was 1st of 2 sr does for the brokens. I didn't get to watch them on the table, they of coarse hit the table the same time the dutch did- Always, always hit the table together on me. Next time out, I'll only have my dutch with me.

But at least Raf took home a ribbon!(I only bother with BOB and BOS, all the little ribbons just drive me nutsy- sometimes Catherine's boys will pick them up for us)

DSCN2965.jpg

So that puts at least2 legs on Raf right now that I'm waiting on He's got a BOB with Josh Humphries in Capital City, and a BOS with Tom Berger at TKSRBA Fall show. Good, get him granded out by the spring shows and just kind of keep him on the table until one of his sons whoops his butt! He's just now proven with a litter in a box here(but none are blue, it was to a steel doe) and he's a young Sr. I picked him up at Mini convention. I've got a few does he'll be meeting here shortly!

I'm doing much better at note taking and keeping track while at the shows

Well I can say one thing about that too! I ended up coming home with 2 extra's. One from Mr. Perkins(Chocolate buck for a friend)and one from Tim Wiley(blue buck for me) . . . Opps.

Why is that when you go to a show with any extra holes, they never seem to go home empty??? I'd have come home with another 1 or 2 from Tim but I didn't have the carrier room and there was no vendor there(they had to cancel due to family issues I was told) to buy an extra carrier(good thing too!)

Lol!! That's what happened at convention to me. But luckily I only bought one. Congratulations on your wins! I wish tans had those numbers sounds like it was a great show :)

Oh and mom does an awesome job at record keeping. She uses excel and wirites down comments and places. She also uses excel for our breeding and keeps track of sales. I don't know where we would be without her!

Back