Tissue Fetish

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aliena

Reaction score
My little bunny has a tissue fetish, she loves to eat them! If I leave the box on the ground or drop a tissue somewhere she chows down as fast as she can. I do my very best to keep any tissues out of reach but sometimes when she does a wet poo on the floor and I go to pick it up with a tissue I forget about her love of them and before I can blink she has rushed over and taken a mouthful. How bad is it for her to eat them? She never gets much, just a tiny corner but do you think it could cause a blockage or something? And why tissues? She just goes nuts over them, it seems very weird.

My buns go nuts for tissue paper too, but I don't know why. I guess it's probably quite fun and bizarre for them. They love having a whole toilet roll of tissue to play with (but they only get that for closely supervised play).

As far as I can work out, it doesn't harm them if they eat a bit. Tissue dissolves anyway, and none of my buns have had a blockage from it. Just watch the poo if you are worried and look for small and/or hard ones.

Good to know my bunny's not the only one keen on tissue, I might give her a toilet roll to play with, I'd never thought of that, I bet she'd love tearing it to pieces. I'll just have to watch she doesn't eat to much.

I have to say, my rabbits don't appear to have a thing for eating tissues.

My puppy however......dear lord where do I start? Tissues and socks.

But my buns are quite good about things like that, although occaisonally they'll make off with a pen or something lol!

Yeah I give mine toilet rolls- they adore them. Especially if I stuff them with timothy hay or something- they go crazy!

My bunnies try to pull paper towels out of my hands whenever I'm trying to wipe up small messes in their cage! lol

:brown-bunny

Oh how I wish Pipkin would choose tissues or paper towels. He prefers woodwork: bedframes, quilt stands, end tables, the framing of the screen porch...

AND he is a conosseiur (sp?) of fabric: quilts, carpeting, pillows, t-shirts.

THEN let's not forget the plastic casing of extension cords! :shock:

Let's hope that he outgrows this...but he's only headed for the "terrible twos."

Yes, I DO feed him pellets, fresh greens, fruit, hay, and all appropriate bunny fodder. Isn't it interesting how our bunnies have their own idea of what should be chewed? I wonder if he is hungry, bored, or a budding interior re-decorator! :rabbithop

Bunnicula wrote:
Oh how I wish Pipkin would choose tissues or paper towels. He prefers woodwork: bedframes, quilt stands, end tables, the framing of the screen porch...

AND he is a conosseiur (sp?) of fabric: quilts, carpeting, pillows, t-shirts.

THEN let's not forget the plastic casing of extension cords! :shock:
Ditto for mine as well as tissue and paper towels and they are 3 years old!

Ok, maybe I'm lucky. Alaska doesn't chew cords or woodwork or anything. Quite likes newspaper, chewed a twistie-tie that fell on the floor once (good thing I got that out of her mouth!), also managed to find a piece of plastic wrapper (which I again had to remove from her mouth), has also chewed on a ribbon and got hold of a loose thread on her towel which she swallowed whilst the other end was still attached to the towel (had to pull that out too). Actually, I think I'd rather she chewed the woodwork. She is only ten weeks old so maybe that stuff is still to come? :shock:

Back