tips for hair balls and diarrhoea

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nael

Reaction score
Hi there I thought u guys mightfind this usefull:)

rambo had diarrhoea and a frend told me 2 give her petal bismol justalittle in a siringe in the morning and the same again at nite. I didthis and the diarrhoea whent . now i give it to her when ever she getsit.

the other one is for hair ballsand my frendbreadsrabbits and he usesfresh pineapple juice in a siringe acouple of times a day untillthe hair balls go. hesaysthe acids in the pineapple juice help brake down thehair. i have not tried this one because my rabbits have neverhad a hair balls but it seems to work .

Thanks

Nael:):bunnydance:

How often is she getting diarrhea? If it's on a regular basis, a hidden illness or improper diet might be the cause of it. What are you feeding her? It's a cause for concern and treatment/change if a rabbit gets regular soft stools. Also, if your rabbits getting diarrhea, I'd also recommend withdrawing the veggies/pellets (Or minimum pellets)for 24hrs with only hay and water. This has always cleared it up for me.

Yes, the enzyimes in the pineapple help to break up the material around the hairball so it can be easier to pass, but it doesn't cure them. It just helps them so the blockage gets a bit smaller. If you provide enough roughage (hay) you shouldn't have a problem with hairballs.

Thans for the tips though! :D

hi there she has only had it twice wich is not much.

Thanks

nael:bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back