Tip for cold rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I know alot of my friends hadn't heard of these before (Although its very likely most of the users on here have!).
You should use a pet winter heat pad, to keep your bunnies snugly and warm if they are outside.

SnuggleSafe-1.jpg

This is where I got mine

http://www.bitsforpets.com/bwinter-heat-padb-with-free-cover-p-1556.html#!prettyPhoto[gallery1]/0/

I always felt guilty leaving them outside when it was raining :S and since I don't like having them inside with my cats. I decided to use em :)

I don't know if this very item is available in the US, but I imagine people could use an item meant for people to sit on while in an outdoor stadium; they both heat in a microwave.

It's pretty wet/misty here in the uk :(
but it is quite a mild winter considering last year, it snowed all winter and was chaos everywhere! (we're not used to/prepared for the snow)

Maggie, compared with Las Vegas, where they have a total of about 5" rain a year, most places are wet & misty. But Chicago has an average of about 50" snow annually, so I hope people around here don't keep their rabbits outside in the winter.

I bought one of these for my buns. They are housed in a fully enclosed patio, but it has no heat. At night, I put them in their hutch and they LOVE this disc! It doesn't get that cold here (40 degrees would be a REALLY cold night), but the disc holds head for several hours (not 10 hours, as advertised, though). It does not radiate heat, which was disappointing, but I put it on their bed and both of them lie around it when they're cold. It's definitely worth it if you have outdoor buns and they get chilly!

PS. I should also add that their hutch is lined with fleece blankets, and I have pet heat reflective pads on their beds. I also cover their hutch with a tarp. All of these things combined keep it cozy and warm inside.

I see that Amazon has SnuggleSafes. Most reviews are excellent, but some people have had problems, including fires. People getting them might want to be cautious & don't put them in a carrier, for example.

Back