tiny litle scab in corner of eye

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmilytheStrange

Reaction score
I think I just groomed off a lttle scab off the inner corner of Fiona's eye (closest to her nose). She kinda jerked a little bit when I did it and I got the smallest smear of blood on my finger. She and Bennett love their reglan (they both have tummies full of fur) and Fiona tends to get a little aggressive. I think she either scratched herself or Bennett might have gotten her by accident. The spot is a little pink, like you would expect after picking off a scab, just right there in the corner. Otherwise her eye looks fine, no discharge or tearing. How should I treat it? Don't want to put neosporin that close to her eye. How about eye drops (natural tears)? I really don't think it's related to Bennett's pasturella eye issues but I'm keeping a close watch on it. Hopefully it will look better tomorrow.

I think I would put a warm cloth compress on it and just wash it off with saline or something like natural tears. I agree I wouldnt put neosporin so close to her eye.

Hopefully its just a little scratch or from overgrooming. Id keep an eye on it for now.

Fiona's eye looks better today. Still just the tiiiniest bit pink, I have to look at the other eye to even be able to notice the slight difference. But it's not watering and there's no discharge. A little piece of sleepy in the corner that could have been a scab there this a.m. but it's definitely not irritating her or bleeding like it did last night.
I will probably still call the vet this morning to see at what point I'd need to bring her in (to which he'll probablly say when there's discharge). No doubt Bennett will be grooming her and i don't want it to get further irritated.

The vet wants me to bring her in just to make sure. My poor bunbuns, I feel so bad they are both having a rough time :( I don't want DH to get mad at me either for so many trips to the vet. I'm paying for the vet bills but ever since we found out I was pregnant and he suggested I give them away, I feel like he thinks they're a burden. I of course don't feel that way, just want them to get back into shape and have a healthy go of it for a while.

Yeah it was when we first found out about this pregnancy. I didn't speak to him for days but that was after I told him he goes before the rabbits. He knows he plays second fiddle to them, don't know how he even had the balls to say it.

Latest posts

Back