Tiny and Embry are now fixed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petkeeper

Reaction score
Well all is said and done and I think things went well. They came out of surgery very good, and were alert, but still a little dopey when I picked them up. They are both eating and hoping around their cage some. I think those are all good signs? I am a little worried on the poopy front, tiny has not had a poop yet, is that normal?

Thank you so much for being here, when I have questions!!

Oh my goodness....another flemish named Tiny.....I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes.

I think I'd give Tiny 24 hours or so for those poops to start...as long as he/she is eating/drinking.

Hi

Good news when I got up this morning there were poops and pees in the litter box, funny how excited you can get to see poop!! lol Tiny seems to be doing good today, she is quite but she is eating and drinking well. They didn't give me pain med for home, just at the clinic, that last 24 hours. They said to watch for her not eating or other signs of pain if she needs the meds I can get them.

Peg I am sorry to make you said reminding you of your Tiny I know how hard it is. I had a dog named Boomer and every time I see someone with a dog named Boomer I tear up. I can't imagine loosing Tiny, that why I was so worried. She is my first Flemish, but definetly not my last!! That makes me sound bad, I was worried about Embry too, but I know the surgery for males is not nearly as invasive as the poor girlies. It is so not fair, boys have it so easy!! lol

Any advice on things to watch for from you guys with fixed female would be great, I know to watch the incision site and make sure she is eating.

Thanks again guys!

Latest posts

Back