Tinkerbell is suddenly acting afraid. :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnybunchof4

Reaction score
I don't understand it really. This was a bunnythat would sit on my lap for hours watching TV and enjoying beingpetted. Never minded being picked up even. Bunny kisses all the time.

Suddenly I went to pet her, while she was in her cage and she ran awayfrom me. I left her alone thinking she might have been startled. Butno, the minute I open her cage door she starts running in circles as ifto get away. :shock:She'll even "thump" like there is adanger.

I was able to pet her yesterday, and she grunted the whole time. Forgeteven trying to pick her up, I know she wouldn't go for it. It's been afew weeks since she started this, so it's not just something shortlived.

I'm bummed out. Hoping I can show her that I'm no danger to her. She'sabout 3 months old now, hormones kicking in maybe? We've never doneanything to make her be scared of us. Very sad, I miss my cuddles withher. :(

Is she spayed?

If not... It's the hormones! They'll get 'cha every time! I'd look into getting her fixed.

I had the sweetest doe who would lick my hands and greet me at her cagedoor when I did my daily rounds... until one day she wasn't so sweetanymore & nearly took my hand off :shock:! I couldnot reach into her cage for the life of her. I was afraid I'dhave to get rid of her because she was a nicely typed & coloredrabbit - not to mention I loved the Pre-hormone personality.

Now, the only time this girl is sweet is when she has babies... anyother time I have to keep her cage locked with a warning sign (so thekids don't mistakenly reach in there & get their fingers bitoff :shock:).

Just know it's not personal... she's just a bit out of sorts due to her "changing body". ;)

~Sunshine

Our Holly went through the same thing. She wouldgrowl and charge at us when we'd reach inside her cage to pet her. Shewouldn't let us pick her up to put her on the floor. At the time hercage was on top of a small file cabinet. She got moved to the floor andwe left her there. After her spay she was so much calmer and our sweetlittle girl again.

Like the rest said, hormones.

I know Pepsi won't come near me after I've taken a shower because Ismell different. She'll run away everytiem I open the door and thump atme. :tongue

Yep...it's hormones. Maisie wentthrough the EXACT SAME THING at about the same age. I had herfor one month before my Cuddle Bunny became aloof and even at firstwouldn't let me pet her! She used to love to be held, andasked for it CONSTANTLY, but now she won't let us even CLOSE to pickingher up. :(

I miss holding her and her being in my lap, too, so I cansympathize!! The good news is, they should go back to theirnormal Cuddle Bunny selves within six months of them gettingspayed. :)

So, don't worry...your cuddle baby is still there, its just that thehormones have taken over for now. It's temporary...Ipromise!! :D

Latest posts

Back