Tina's Babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh so, what a shock. I'm so sorry about Ruby. I'm in tears.

I was sending you a note about your hutch bunny post when I checked in on Ruby's spay, so sorry I didn't see it sooner. :( I haven't been online much.

Do you still have my number? You can call me if you feel up to it.

sas :sad:

Thank you sas,
It was very much a shock.
But everything happens for a reason, and that was proved yesterday when I went back to the vet to pay for the spay and pick up her old carrier.
The fatty liver disease was something she was born with, and has just grown and grown.
I asked the vet, that is she were to live, how much longer she would have lived.
He said, it wouldn`t be too long before she developed cancer and would have been in horrible pain.
He said when that were to happen, he would suggest putting her to sleep.
So in a way I am glad that she went peacefully, in her sleep, with no pain, and only happy memories to take with her.
And I am glad that before her spay, I spent 10 minutes cuddling her at the vets office and telling her that it was going to be okay and that I loved her.
Though I miss her terribly everyday, everything happens for a reason.

Tina

Just wanted to show everyone a few pictures of Domino.
38301_413101211990_505591990_5111919_304232_n.jpg

38369_413101271990_505591990_5111922_8138174_n.jpg

37899_413101301990_505591990_5111928_4412400_n.jpg

38441_413101331990_505591990_5111932_843020_n.jpg

38441_413101356990_505591990_5111937_466968_n.jpg

On that towel is a bench he seems to love! He's a very sweet and personable boy!

Tina :bunnybutt:

Six rabbits rescued, fostering one.

The one I took home is Darcy and he's an all black baby boy with a very shy disposition.
Even though he is shy, he has no objection to being petted!
When we first picked him up he had really bad gas, a few skin tags, and some diarrhea.
Once he had settled into his new pen, I had given him a small drop of Ovol.
Ever since then he's been popping normally and going in his litter box like a pro!
It is obvious that he was dumped there when he was no longer wanted.
It wouldn't surprise me if that were the case, since people knew this area was filled with rabbits.
They probably thought, "What's one more?"
How wrong could they possibly be!
I was able to check his teeth when I was giving him the Ovol, and it looks like his teeth need a trim.
As well as his nails, but I still don't trust myself to do that on my own.
Anyway, that's all for now.
And I hope to have pictures up of him real soon!

Some other news about Darcy!
I'm pretty sure hes a real young bun.
He seems to still have his baby coat!
He's still gassy, but I think I'm going to go to the rabbitry about that.
Also, I'm thinking of getting him a small amount of alpha pellets.
Maybe even a small bag of alpha hay.

I think Domino is getting a little jealous that I'm spending time with Darcy!
His rattle tossing gets louder every time I go up the stairs!

That handsome boy sure loves attention!

Tina and Domino:dutch

birds used to scare me, until one day I decided enough is enough! SO I bought a parakeet (technically a budgie) ... and then I bought a conure (small parrot - about the size of a cockatiel) ... and then I bought another budgie.

Once you meet a hand-tamed one, they aren't as scary. Also, start small. I'm still afraid of the big guys (like, say, Macaws).

I don't think that would be a good idea for me to have birds anyway! Haha
The pet limit in my complex is 3, 2 if you have large dogs.
So considering I already have 2 cats, and 2 rabbits, I'd really be pushing it! Haha

On another note, I double checked the sexes of rabbits online.
Turns out Darcy is a girl, and what I thought was gas, are kits!
I got more nic cubes today and made her pen bigger.
I have a box for her to have her babies and she's already turning it into a nest!
She's taking a crap load of hay and putting it in there, and she's plucking out some of her fur.
I have two towels at the bottom of the box for her to do what she likes with it.
I also have been feeding her grass since that's what shes use to.
Oh and I added newspaper into the pen so she can shred it for her nest!
Tomorrow I have to go cardboard hunting and find another box to make teeny tiny holes and fill it with alpha for when the babies are born.
I'm excited, nervous and scared all at the same time.
Wish me lucky everyone and if you have any suggestions, feel free to add them here.

Tina and Domino :headflick:

I feel a little bad you rescued the pregnant one, but like you said, everything happens for a reason =] It's so sad, a baby having babies =[

Evie is doing great. Her dropping are ENORMOUS. And we built her a three story condo at my friends house - the one who also lives on Williams and No. 5 and I left my xpen there. So again, if you ever still need the xpen, it's not too far from you!

I think I'm going to bond Evie and Sidney. Since they were probably dumped together anyhoo. It'll have to after have the spay-neuter- leg amputation surgeries. Oh and Sidney tried to use his leg today! He's really improving =]

Miss princess precious is a grouch (I already tried her with Sidney - he bolted on his one good leg). But I think she'd get along with a baby ...:weee:

BABY ALERT!

Darcy had the babies tonight! AHHH!
My mom was so excited! (Though she probably wouldn't admit it)
My mom on the phone to her friends, "I'm a Grandma!"
Hahaha

I don't want to touch the kits, since I don't know how long Darcy has been in the wild.
Though I did take some cool pictures!
I'll have to post them on here later.
We don't know exactly how many she had, they are all covered under her fur.
But from what we can see it looks like she had 4 - 6 kits.

Before I knew she had her babies, I went to check on her and give her some more hay and water.
I had noticed a lot of plucking earlier and saw mass amounts of fur in her nest box.
I told my mom to come look at the amount of fur she had plucked and to see how much smaller Darcy looked.
She told me to grab a flash light (since the nest is in a covered area of the pen).
Then we saw the kits move!
It was amazing!

Domino's tossing his toys so I'm going to play with him for a while before bed.

Goodnight rabbits of RO

You do have to pick them up and check them to make sure they're healthy, Darcy won't care and it won't effect the kits.

How big was Darcy compared to the other block girl and the gold guy we pulled later?

Its good not to have to face the spay-while-heavily-pregnant dilemma, although the last thing we need is more rabbits to rehome. :( UVic count is up to over 2000.

I'll post the full report, but my three here are two boys and a girl, the little gray guy with the bad leg is probably only eight to 10 weeks at most, I suspect the other two are around 12 weeks.

They're all pretty friendly little guys (as long as you have carrot bits, anyway), so I think they're all feral (except Sidney) but they're young enough to adjust very quickly.

Congrats (sorta! LOL!) and good job from the get-go!

sas :bunnydance:

Well this morning I got up and realized now is as good of a time as any to put an update on the baby bunnies on here.
They are now 10 weeks old.
The mother Darcy was just spayed on Saturday and is recovering nicely.
She seems more calm, which is nice. I can actually pick her up now!
I've separated all of them because Bingley, the biggest, was picking on the others. She is a hell raiser, that's for sure!
Not to mention, I don't want to see any humping action coming from Austin, nor do I want any more bunnies.
Darcy and Lizzy, the runt, will be housed together once Darcy has fully recovered. This will most likely be later on tonight when I'm finished with the bunny condo building.
Anywho, here are some pictures of them all.

44323_421478686990_505591990_5343780_6842760_n.jpg

Lizzy at 2 weeks old.

47400_424703651990_505591990_5431375_3862388_n.jpg

Austin at 8 weeks old.

41123_424703856990_505591990_5431385_1069892_n.jpg

Bingley at 7 weeks old. She stomped her feet at me right before this picture!

60297_430197376990_505591990_5555763_3914870_n.jpg

Now the whole gang is eating Dinner together! Darcy is on the right, I can't tell the babies apart in this one..

I hope you all enjoyed!
Bingley and Austin will be available for adoption after they have been spayed/neutered.
Darcy and Lizzy have already been chosen for adoption to go to a loving home together.
My original plan was to bond Domino with one of the babies, but the only female left is Bingley, and lets face it, she's wayyyyy too aggressive for him.

My hope is that Bingley goes with an experienced rabbit owner.
Someone that will understand her quirks and will give her lots of room to run.
Bingley may look all black, but at the very tip of her nose is a dot of white.

Austin is a shy boy, but still loaded with personality.
When he was about 2 weeks old, I called him "the man-whore" because he would binkey right out of your hands and into your cleavage!
He also likes to cuddle in the hood and pockets of your sweater.

Latest posts

Back