Timothy Hay set outside for wild bunny....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3willowsbunny

Reaction score
Do you think it is okay to set out Timothy hay for our resident wild bunny? We see him eating birdfood out from under our feeders almost every morning and since there is so much snow I wondered if setting out some Timothy for him would be good, since food is pretty scarce at this point.

Check you state and county regulations (and city and HOA if those apply to you) it may be illegal to feed wild animals, and, if it is, you can't put hay out.

If you can, make sure the hay stays dry, you don't want it to mold and make wild rabbits sick.

I imagine that if we can feed the wild birds rabbits would be no issue, doubt anyone would know anyways we are kinda out in the sticks. I think they would be more concerned with feeding deer or other big animals. I could put the hay under the porch as it stays pretty dry under there and he is under there quite a bit.

I would put some out. Hay would certainly be better for it than bird food. But yeah, you want to keep it dry if you can.

Back