Timothy hay is too green

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stela

Reaction score
Hello I bought this Timothy hay is from china and it is extra green is it normal for Timothy to be this green?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Imo, if it's dry, the greener the better. Excessive light during drying destroys the colour, so when hay is green that's actually a good sign. Doesn't mean that brown hay is bad, but I guess the green stuff is more tasty.

The hay might have been treated with a hay preservative that also contains a green dye. Apparently it's something that is sometimes sprayed on hay crops in some places.

The biggest concern that I'd have with hay coming from China, is if there are any safety regulations they're required to follow when importing the hay to whatever country you're in. If not, I'd be very concerned something harmful to animals, possibly being sprayed on the crop.

The hay might have been treated with a hay preservative that also contains a green dye. Apparently it's something that is sometimes sprayed on hay crops in some places.

The biggest concern that I'd have with hay coming from China, is if there are any safety regulations they're required to follow when importing the hay to whatever country you're in. If not, I'd be very concerned something harmful to animals, possibly being sprayed on the crop.

WHAT??? That actualy is a thing? Hay shipped half around the world, and dyed?? If it really is from china, it quite likely is full of pesticides, the dye only being the icing of the cake.

Sorry, I missed the China part at my first reply. It's absolutly decadent and wasteful to ship HAY, the most simple agricultural product, halfway across the globe, and about the pratctices there when it's just about making money, do not even bother.

I'm really sorry I missed that china part. You do not want that. It's other fields of experience with that source I have, but, bottom line, you do not want that.

Last edited:

The biggest concern that I'd have with hay coming from China, is if there are any safety regulations they're required to follow when importing the hay to whatever country you're in. If not, I'd be very concerned something harmful to animals, possibly being sprayed on the

Oh okay I will not use that one anymore and how about this other hay do you think this might be mold ?

oh okay thank you for the information I will use that one anymore ,I also have go this Timothy hay but I’m scared it has some mold ,do you think this look like mold?

Attachments

• 0BF1CA26-FC9E-4A6C-8CF8-9C31D768E794.jpeg
    0BF1CA26-FC9E-4A6C-8CF8-9C31D768E794.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back