Timid ness

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My rabbits never seem to come to me.other peoples rather come up and lick them and love on them when my rabbits just run away. How can I bond with them?ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1412605749.289243.jpg

Remember that rabbits are prey animals so their first instinct is that you're trying to eat them. Go slowly.
First make sure your rabbit can get in and out of their home on their own. If you have to pick bunny up every time it's stressful.
Try sitting or lying on the floor somewhere where your rabbit gets to run around. If you ignore them long enough usually they'll come up to you.
Consider bribes. If your rabbit builds up enough curiosity and comes over to check you out and then gets a reward, all the better. My rabbits think their pellets are treats and will work for them.

I have 4 rabbits and all are different, they range from grumpy and will tolerate a stroke if you have good treats through to my little boy lop who adores cuddles and will hop on my lap if I'm sat on the floor.

It's all about trust which you have to earn with bunnies but some are just naturally more affectionate than others. Persevere, it will take time.

Back