Time

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylover78642

Reaction score
I only spend about30 min, total withmy buns each day and that includes feeding, changing litter boxes, andgiving a quick one two over their coats. I feel really bad that I don'tspend more time w/ them. It just seems really hard. I can't bring theminside and let them go because they decide to eat the carpets. Theyhave a huge cage and lots of toys it is just I am never out there. WhenI do go out there they come up and want to be held and petted and betaken out. I feel so bad!!

P.S. One of my friends have bunnies and other than changing the traysand throwing them some hay she never spends time with them. They arealso in way to small cages and never can run around. They have no toyseither. At least my bunnies are better off.

For me it really depends on the day...Oreoalways gets out to run for a bit in the evening as she has very goodlitter habits. Homer kinda sets his own time...he isn't bigon being held...so when he hops out of the playpen several times itmeans he's ready to go back to his cage. Corky has been outalot more lately cuz of being sick...lots of extra snugglesand such. I would say they are out and about for at least anhour a day.

If I am lucky I get 4-5 hours with them perday. It was SO hard with them separated before the spay& neuter. I had to break-it down to about 2-3 hoursper bun. Now that they are fixed we can ALL binkytogether!! YEAH!!! More bunny time ;)

If by time spent with bun you mean their timeout of the cage each day, I would have to say around 1-1 1/2hours. I let Murphy out every night before I go tobed. He doesnt have a set time limit. I leave hiscage door open and he'll usually go back in when he's tired.If he hasnt gone in himself already if I say "Time for bed" a fewtimes, he'll go in.

The hard thing is staying awake while he's out. Sometimes Idont get home till late and my bed is so temping while he's outsoI'll lay down and fall asleep. A few nights ago Ifell asleep and woke up around 3 to an ear in my face.:foreheadsmack:He was laying along beside me. Good thing myboy has impecable little habits.

While my boyfriend was living with me recentlyfor a brief time they had to be in their playpen at night, he didn'twant to roll over on them in their sleep. For that month and a halfperiod time they had about 6 or so hours out of the cage. Now that thebuns and I are the only ones living here they have at least 14 hoursout of their playpen. :-D

It really just depends. Out of cage time can benone, when we are really busy and just not home a lot that day, to 3hours or more. She is really good about not chewing on the stuff sheshouldnt, so I let her loose in the room thats for her, and do someother things, going in there for 20 mins here, 20 mins there. I amstarting to take her out at night when things are calming down andhaving her sit with me. I am hoping she starts liking that, but if not,maybe the next bun ;)

Virginia

:)My bunnies are out freein the house24/7. Therefore whenever I'm home they are there or there abouts.Mostly they play with each other or with the cat. Every weekend floragets out to play in the garden for the time I am gardening(usuallyabout 4 hours or so) but northern dancer doesnt like going outside, hejust lies in the bedroom. Lazy bun!

They usually lie behind the sofa at night when we arewatching TV. They seem to like when we play music, I think they likecountry music best they come and roll over on the rug when its on.

:(When I was much younger I had bunnies in the 1980s and I didnt knowthen what I know now about bunnies. It was just traditional to keepthem in a hutch and now I feel bad that they didnt get out much at all,I feel so sorry for them now. I just hope the bunnies I have now enjoytheir life better.

ND

It really depends on how much free time Ihave. If I work a 12 hr. day, I don't have too much time withthem, basically just time to feed and do a quick litter box change, sothey honestly maybe get 10 min out of the cage each. On mydays off, they can get a lot more. Sampson always gets themost time out, because he's so big and he's in my room, so it's harderto ignore the incessant banging on the bars. He gets outevery morning when I'm getting ready to go and every night before bed.

Jen

Mocha is averaging 2 hours a day right now. Onehour in the morning and one at night. He used to get 4+ until hestarted peeing everywhere and spraying some "select" walls. I'm hopingto let him out 24/7 eventually. His neuter in on Monday and that shouldhelp with the litterbox problems.

i spend 1to 2 hours aday with al mybuns like each one! so buttons has 1 and half and so does teh others ormuffin has 2 hours and so doe the others! its like that!

i practically spend all day with ourbuns. between being outside with the rescues that come in andour two buns inside its like bunny heaven herelol my two inside get run of the house at seperate timesuntil cadbury heals up for his recent neuter, so its either cad orkitty out to run about. then when outside with my boys wealways have the rescue bunnies out to play. i may miss aboutan hour to 2 a day not counting sleep at nite that im not around onebun or another. that would be if we happen to leave or tomake meals. the kids are always wanting one bun or anotheraround to play :)

I spend most of every day and night with myrabbits. Of course, I do run errands and go outside for walks and stufflike that, but for the most part, they have free run of the house whenwe're up.

Most of the time they're sleeping, during the day, with occasionalbouts of running around, but their very active times are when we firstlet them out and in the evening, around seven or so. We always makesure we're around for playtime.

I can't have them out all the time because 2 areboys and 1 is a mother. I have bell (the mother) out at night a lot butonly for about an hr. Copper and Leo are lucky if they get an hr. o theweekends because it is extremley hard to ketch them and they like totear up everything. I am planning on letting Bell out in just a minute(just checking up on posts) and then I will go get Copper and Leotonight and let them have about and 1 1/2 out. They only come out onweekends because of school and work and riding. now that school is overin 4 days they will be out a LOT more.

I work early everyday, butI'm usually home by 1:00 pm. I leave Pebbles in hercage until 3:00 pm because she's stillsleeping. Then she gets out to thehallway for all the playing and petting until 11:00pm at night. There's always someone home so Pebblesisn't lonely.

Back