Time, Time, Where Did All The Time Go?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weetwoo_89

Reaction score
How much time do you spend with yourfurry child a day? Are you happy with that amount? Is yourrabbit? Do count cleaning up after and feeding as well as anyattention you give them. Give me an average for one day.

I spend a lot of time with my babies. WheneverI'm doing homework or watching tv or just hanging out with friends inmy apartment I let them out. The last few days have been veryrestrictive. I'm packing to move so I can not let them out for fear ofsomething falling on them. I'm happy with the time I spend with them. Ithink they're happy to be out as long as I have them out. Again,they're a little upset right now because I can't let them out. Theyhave rather large cages so it's not like they're cramped up oranything.

t.

I spend anywhere from a hour to 2 hoursdepending on how tired I am in the evening...lol. I am soo excitedbecause last night Zack made contact BIG time! He came up put his 2front paws on my knees and let me pet him for a few mins, then ran off,came back and nibbled on my pant legg. I was in AWWWWW :bunnydance:

I assumed the last choice is supposed to be<2, Ella gets up at 8(she's a little bunny alarm clock!!!) andhangs out with my girlfriend until around 2 or 3, then I get homearound 4 and we hang out till 11 when we both go to bed.

Aww, I am sorry your babies have to be couped up right now but it is for the best

I am glad that your bunny is starting to warm up. That is so cute.

Both of you are lucky, I don't have a bunny right now...>.<'

RaE

I try to spend as much time with the girls aspossible. Sometimes if it's been a really frantic day I only see themin the morning at feedinganda bit in the evening,which stinks! Weekends are the best, because I can spend all day withthem. Generally I try to fit in at least 1hr one on one time with eachgirl a day, and that is just playing and hanging with them. I spend atleast half hour a night just getting the girls cages cleaned andeverything tidied up a night. I would love to spend more time with themthough!

The reason I was asking is that I amplanning for a rabbit, but I have one semester of highschool next fallbefore working full time til college fall semester. I could doeverything fine over the summer, but then for that last bit ofhighschool, days would be hectic. On a day that I had school and workit would be 8 hours of sleep roughly 8 hours for school, 4-5 hours ofwork, then to come home to shower, do homework, and take care of therabbit, without travel time included in any of that. Leaves me about 4hours to do everything that isn't school, work, or sleep (on a day withboth school and work). And I would love to get my bunny over thesummer, but I want to be able to give it the attention it deserves forthat fall semester. I figured if I got it early in the summer it wouldbe okay or if I got it after I got done with highschool. What doesanyone think on that?

Usually on the weekends its like 5 hours! Shejumps in her cage.. drinks and pees then jumps out.. so i crawl aroundon the floor and she follows me around and binkies EVERYWHERE! then shegoes outside after 1 hour of inside playing.. After going outside iusually wash her feet and hands so the grass doesnt stain her and thenwe go to my room and she sleeps in my arms. And then all of a siddenJUMPS AND RUNS! so its 5 hours of not sitting AT ALL. But its worth it.

I spend about 2 hours a day. Its SOOOOO much easier now that three are bonded.

So I split it.... Yea I don't sleep much. :?

Elvis

Connor, Teresa and Dallas

Samantha (Not always she prefers solo in her pen)

Wyatt

Indie

Ringo

i would break down to this:

.5 hours spent cleaning their mess up

.5 hours spent with food/treats/water bottles

8 hours spent at night cuddled in my bed. . .as they sleep out of the cage

4 hours, plus 2 of those sleeping hours fighting with them, getting the bunny butt, and yelling "herman. . . noooooo!"

the rest of the time i am home is off and on with them. . . it is likehave a dog here, because they aren't caged very much, so if i amsitting on the couch, they might join me for 10 minutes for pets, or imight lay on the floor with them for a few minutes, ect.

i personally feel that simply because my buns aren't caged at night ispend more time with them then the average bunny owner. . .

but they are my babies, after i lost my last rabbit trixie, added tolosing herman and winnie for a month, i have learned to spend as muchtime with them as possible, because my life is so much longer thentheirs. . .

It depends with me, on a school day when I haveloads of work to do I might only see them for about an hour but I tryto cram in as much attention as possible into that time and they alwaysget as much time as possible in their run every day even if I'm notwith them all the time. Then at weekends and during holidays I canspend anything from a couple of hours to the whole day with themdepending how busy I am, I always try and spend as much time aspossible with them but unfortunately at the moment revision has to takepriority to bunny cuddles!:(

Weetwoo_89 wrote:
I figured if I got it early in the summer it would be okayor if I got it after I got done with highschool. What does anyone thinkon that?
I think that would be ok, it's obvious that you are going to spend themost time that is possible with your bunny! You're gonna be a wonderfulowner!:hug2:*ahem* I mean slave ;)

I have to admit, right now I spend more timewith Maddie than I do with Pebble and Ebony.:?She's on herown andI feel sorry for her :(

I spend most of the day with Maddie - I bring her in when I come homeand she stays in until about 9pm. Right now I spend about one hour withmy big girls, my mum will keep an eye on Maddie for me while I go outto their house or run (depending on the weather) or else I bring theminto a different room of our house. :D

But it will go up after school has finished! :bunnydance:

most of the time i spend about 9 -10 hours outof cage a day with my rabbits. that is only on the week days. on theweekend tabby goes everywhere with me. so it is like
18 hours a day on school vacations and weekends. i really amnot sure how much time i spend with him. i am with him all day, when itis nighttime he runs around my room until i go to bed then he goes inhis cages and sleeps. (yes i guess i tire my bun out with treats andspoiledness all day long.) he then stays in his cage for about 6 hoursand then comes out for about 2 hours then goes in for 6 and then outfor abot 9-10 hours.

My rabbits are on their own during the day(apart from weekends) but when I come home I let them out of their cageand spend as much time with them as I can before bed. Mind you, most ofthat time I spend telling Starsky nooooo because he is up to mischief:D. Lacey behaves herself completely but isn't so bothered aboutspending time with me!!

Latest posts

Back