Tigger The Bunny 2007

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porpy

Reaction score
I wanted to start this blog because we've onlyhad her a month but she's changing lots. Tigger is a 12 week old dwarflop - maybe. There is the possibility that she's a lop/cross as she'salready 4lbs. When we first bought her she was incredibly timid. We sether up a large cage and gradually increased how much space she has.After 4 weeks she now has run of the bunny proofed house. Her favouriteactivity is running up and down the stairs. Our UK vet reccomended verylittle pellets and a high veg diet (even tho she was just 8 weeks)however this made her very grumpy and we went back to the pellets withsome veg until she's fully grown. We've been playing on the carpettoday and Ive found the best bit of her ears to rub just behind herhead. She looking like she was in rabbit bliss and Ive been rewarded bybeing followed round all day and she's just started running round andround my feet. She's really cute!!

Awww i love your bunny..she's a pretty little girl,and she sounds so adorable

I would love to see more pictures of this gorgeous young lady :)

cheryl

Thanks, I will put some more pics up soon. Theseare from my fone so not too good. I heard about the no greens rule butthe rabbit vet we'd had her checked with told us off for not feedinggreens and said we needed to reduce the pellets right down and makegreens 9/10's of her diet - even though she's a baby. I havent reducedthe pellets as some say unlimited for babys but Ive let her try carrotand cabbage.

Tigger update:

Well Tigger is now 20 weeks (approx). She's not had a very good week.On Thursday night she was binkying around and somehow managed to leadfrom the back of the sofa hitting the kitchen door. I heard the crashand came running to find her frantically dashing round the room on 3legs. Her back leg was causing her great pain and I managed to catchher whilst James found an emergancy vet (it was 11pm). We bundled herinto the car, I had to hold her and stroke her trying to keep her calm.She was teeth grinding and obviously in a great deal of pain. The vetgave her some pain meds and kept her in to calm down before the xray.The xray showed that her leg was broken at the joint. It's beenexplained to us that she is likely to loose the use of the leg and thatrabbits 'can get around very well on 3 legs' I'm sure thats true butI'll do anything to avoid that for her. The vet put her leg in cast andshe's now under confinment for the next month in the hope that she canrecover. Total rest is her best chance.

Hey there!

How is little Tigger doing? Any updates? Hope she's improving and feeling better. What a tough little cookie!

Love Spring and the girls.

I just love how Tigger is hanging that leg outof the litter box. Reminds me of humans with broken legs trying to takea shower. What a little trooper!

Well we've just finished week 2 of the 4 weekconfinment. She's feeling alot better and charges like anelephant at the sniff of the cage door opening. We're keep her asentertained as possible. Not sure how the legs doing she's still notputting he weight on it but she's worked out ways of climbing etcwithout it. Will update again after the vets next week.

Halfway over! Hang in there. Tigger willappreciate being able to run again, I hope you can video it for us tosee when the cast comes off and freedom begins again!

Latest posts

Back