Tigger Accident Update

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porpy

Reaction score
Okay so I rang the vet at 6am, 10.30am, 3pm andfinally at 5pm got an update.. They xrayed the leg and she has brokenit. The break is at the ankle joint. Because of her age and fitnesslevels they've set the leg and all being well she should make a fullrecovery. Assuming she doesnt chew the cast off.

I've got to keep her movements to a minimum and for the next monthshe's going to have to live in her cage. I think she'll beavery, very grumpy patient as she's used to having free roaming rights.

They've given her some pain medication its: "Metacam 10ml oral suspension".

I just hope she's a good bun and lets that leg mend. They said theresults would depend on whether she'll keep the cast on and limitedmovements.

Pictures below the ear covering is after she had a drip in there:

Glad to hear she should make a full recovery. How long did they say she had to keep the cast on?

Awww, poor muffin!

A month is a long time for a poor little bun, they must think it's forever.

I hope she's a good girl and doesn't chew the cast off. Hopefully she'll learn how to manuver with it on quite easily.

--Dawn

Poor Baby! I broke my arm jumping on the couchwhen I was 4, and last year broke my ankle when I fell at work, so Ifeel her pain. It is good to hear that she is home now. Hugs to theboth of you. :hug2:

~Star~

The broken bones heal very well - glad to hear that she's going to be ok.

Snuggy's mom - the ear is wrapped because of the IV.

Pam

Thanks, she's looking very miserable today. I'vechanged the litter tray as she couldnt climb in or out of it, itsirrelevant anyway as she's peeing all over the place. She's hardlymoving at all as its so difficult with that cast thing. I'm trying tokeep her comfortable. They want to look at her again on Monday. Theythink she'll need the leg thing doing again as they're expecting her totry and get it off. So far she's been grooming it and looking sorry forherself. I dont know how long it stays on but the vet said it would bea month in confinment (sp?) I've given her some nose rubs butif open the cage she drags herself over to the door to tryand get out. I've moved it to the living room and then we'll be aroundmost of the time to keep and eye on her and so she's not too bored.

Awwww you are such a ggod mommy. I hope she gets better soon. Karona sends her loving kisses.:kiss:

Latest posts

Back