ticks

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MATH

Reaction score
I was wondering if bunnies are prone to getting ticks on them if they run in tall grass and if they are susceptible to lyme disease. I have zero knowledge of this in bunnies, but my experience with horses has certainly been interesting so I'm curious. thanks

Don't know about Lyme Disease but there is a host of other possibilities from tick bites. And yes they can get ticks....most often on or near the ears.

Randy

oh good to know. If anyone has a moment perhaps I could be directed to an article? I tried the library and a search, but nothing came up. It would be much appreciated :)

I have heard that lightern(white) bunnies tend to attract more ticks. When I found my lionhead, Mr. Tumnus, in the field near my parents house he was COVERED in ticks. Most of them were around his ears and and neck/back area. I had to pull them all out and one had lodged itself so deep inside the area had become all infected and inflamed. I never really even knew we had ticks in the area until then. I would say that rabbits who are outdoors shouldnt come into contact with ticks all that often unless they are near or running through tall grassy areas.

Latest posts

Back