Tickle spot?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shmoo06

Reaction score
I have to say your bunnies are the cutest!

I'm no expert at bunnies but I do know that other animals will do that kind of stuff when it feels really really good or when it has been itchy. When cats have ear mites and you clean out their ears they will often bite into their paws because it feels so good that you're in there cleaning up the itchy ear mite mess! Maybe it's just a really really good scratchy spot that he can't get to himself.

It actually looks like your rabbit wants to lick something while being groomed back there, but there's nothing in front of him to lick so he's kind of trying to lick at his chin or the air. I have a rabbit that does the same thing. When you scratch back by his rump, he will obsessively lick anything near his face, whether the floor, another bunny, or himself. Try putting your other hand in front of your buns face when you do it. He probably will start grooming you. I don't know if they do it cause that is a particularly itchy spot, or if it's just a spot that triggers grooming behavior in some rabbits??

That's so strange, but you're right!! I just tried for a brief moment this morning, and he did lick my hand. He didn't lick it for long though. It's so weird and adorable at the same time. haha. I'm just happy it doesn't seem to bother him.

Latest posts

Back