Thumping

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaymas

Reaction score
Are there other reasons a bun might thump besides being in danger?

Lupa has been thumping a fair bit lately but from what I can tell she's not in any immediate danger.

Timmy has started thumping in the morning to wake me up so I'll feed him. I usually just pretend I'm still asleep so I don't reinforce it by actually feeding him.

She randomly did it on my bed and then just hopped away lol. She had already been fed so I know it wasn't for food. I suppose it could just be a hey look at me kinda thing

Oh yeah. They can thump as an alarm and when they are pissed about or want something.

Of course the job is to figgure out what it is that they are bothered by.

Before BunBun taught me to take him for walks, he would thump when he saw me in the front yard when he was trying to sneak away. He knew the jig was up and that he was going back in the houseand he was not happy at that prospect.

Kiwi thumps when she's a mad little girl. If I'm taking loudly, she will start thumping, like she's saying indoor voice mum, indoor voice!!!

Right before she thumped she was moving everything on my bed lol...maybe she wasn't happen with all the stuff preventing her from finding a good spot lol

what's it sound like when they thump, anyway? I heard a single deep "thunk" noise the other night when both rabbits were sitting still and couldn't figure out anything else that might've caused it except for a bunny... I was probably irking them at the time, since they were locked in their condo so that I could deep-clean their pen and I'd just turned off the dust-buster.

ok, so it's normal for them to just thump a single time? I always imagined them doing it multiple times, lol.

Imbrium wrote:
ok, so it's normal for them to just thump a single time? I always imagined them doing it multiple times, lol.
Yeah, single thumps, one at a time. They may well do more than one thump, but they are spaced apart, how long depends on the bunny and why it's thumping.

Latest posts

Back