Thumping

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peepers

Raven and Sterlings mom
Reaction score
I have a rescue mix, who I have has for several years, she is more then settled, and she is wonderful, but she has one quark that is driving me up the wall. thumping. if anything changed even slightly..like a time change causes my TV timer to turn on at a different time she will start thumping...non stop. if I have gone to bed and someone upstairs so much as stumbles while walking, she will spend the ENTIRE night thereafterthumping, same if anyone comes into the basement at night,the wronge flipping TV show will set her off! her pen in in my bedroom, which is part of the problem,but thereare NO other options for her to be. at this point as soonas she starts I get up, grab her, toss her in her carrier and stick her in the carrier in thefarthest corner of the basement for the night, Ifeel so mean doing that, but I cant take the non stop thumping, and to make it worse one of my dogs is noise phobic, soas soon as the thumping starts I have a 30lbs dog drooling and trembling on my chest. I am at a loss of what to do about this! Karivirtually never thumped, and Peepers never thumps either. Jenny has been doing this for years, but its gotten worse overtime, and my mom and I had our tiptoeing around her schedual down pretty good, and only the occasional accidnet like stumbling would set her off, but my brother recently moved back home for a few months, and he is a night owl, so now all of a sudden there is 2 sets of footsteps overhead all night and Jenny is driving me up the friggen wall! any idea's? a few months ago it seemed to help when I stopped locking her up and night and just let her stay loose in my room, but I have since adopted 2 puppies, andobviously leaving a 4.5lbs bunny loose undersupervised overnight with 2 40lbs puppies is not an option!

everytime she has been to the vet she has checked out in perfect shape.. is there some special way to check the eyes?

Jennyis in the basement. she has run of the basement, Peepers has run of the main floor, they are only locked in their pens at night and they cannot be bonded as Peepers is chronically ill, any stress nearly kills her.

you know what? I looked up some methodes of cheacking a rabbits vision, since she has no catracts and I gave them a try, and I think she may very well be blind, she has always been a treat lover but when I took out her treats, she came to the vicinty at the sound but not right to me..in the past she has always run up and snatched the bag.. she didnt seem to have any clue where the treats were unless I stuck them under her nose, so then I tried making a threatening gesture at her and she didnt even notice. that would certainly explain the increse in reactions, if her eysight was poor before and slowly getting worse..and it would explain why she freaks out if the TV is "wronge", if she relies on that sound, I suppose a change in it would screw her up. doesnt really help with what to do about the thumping lol , but it certianly helps the why of it!

I to am working on the thumping. Muppet hates change to. I can't rearrange the house cause Muppet won't know where she is and she gets confused. I am going to put a little radio next to Muppets cage with the same thing playing 24/7 and only loud enough for her to hear. That way things are always "the same" in her world.

Latest posts

Back