Thumping

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbunny

Reaction score
Its so funny! When Princess Ruby is running around the room she will make a loud thumping sound. Just one thump.. and dart away.. Sometimes it's' when she's running around undisturbed, and sometimes she does it when she knows we are trying to get her to put her back in her cage.
What does one loud thump mean?

Thumping, in general, I've found, can mean a whole lot of things. Either they're frightened, annoyed, feeling good and so forth. Hope has done it for all of the above reasons, including, just because she can!! :D She hasn't done it in awhile, however, but she could have done it when I'm not home. She's done it both inside her cage and out of it.

It's how they communicate. Feel free to thump back at her and see what she does.

She's a pretty girl, btw.

Bell thumps in he cage and on my bed. She does it alot. She will run to the pillows behind me and thump right before she gets to them. When she slipt into the bowl of water for my finger she thumped right on my chest wich was weird. Today when I had the bowl by me she went up to it and put her paws in and shakes water at me. Funny bunny.

So many reasons and some bunnies thump more than others. My current bunny only thumps when he's frightened. One ofmy bunnies never thumped that I know of. I had one that would thump for many reasons - when she was ticked off, frightened, or for no known reason at all. She would thump and then run, like you described but then act completely normal after and not scared. Kind of like she was just goofing around.

My mini rex LIttle Lady thumped almost the ENTIRE 1st night we brought her home, she was already 4 months old and probably scared. Thankfully it didn't turn out to be a nightly tradition but just the 1st night as I'm a light sleeper lol.

Bambi does it when we put her down. Hutch does it when we try to catch him to put him up. Lilli does it when I'm not fast enough with the treats or food. Stockton would do it if he saw our cat outside.

Latest posts

Back