Thumper

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harley189

Reaction score
Thumper bites.. A lot lately and I can't figure out why, I give him as much as attention as a bunny needs and whenever I go to feed him he will bite and I don't understand why.. I went to take him out he tried to boxer me and then he bit me! :( Is something wrong with my bun?

is he only doing it when you reach into his cage? some bunnies are cage aggressive but perfectly sweet once you actually get them out. if that's the case, it's best to refill food and such while he isn't in the cage and to let him exit on his own.

:yeahthat:

I have a cage aggressive bun and its difficult to deal with. She just bit me like 2 weeks ago, and always lunges at me when I put my hands into her cage.
I usually clean her cage and feed her when she is out, so there isn't an issue. Sometimes they're just really protective over their areas, they see your hand as a threat and attack you. But once you get them out of the cage, they're fine. Thats how my bun is, I let her out and she loves me again.

If your cage is up high, put it down on the floor or low enough that your bun can hop out on his own. If he isn't neutered, getting his neutered could help too.

Neuter for sure. We used to reach in and press down while trying to do cage related stuff although not all are that way. Don't like to let them learn that biting gets them what they want.

I usually pet him when I'm feeding him because I usually feed him when I get home from school, then feed him when I go to school. But I let him get out of the cage by himself. But is he too old to neuter? He's like 6 or older... :/ I don't know. But I still love him. :)

Latest posts

Back