Thumper was killed today.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just read the post and i am at a loss ...............................

i could not even imagine, but one thing is for sure you gave him abetter life and it was cut short.i am terribly sorry please dont blameyou self!!!

on another note i am appalled at some peoples lack of responsabilitywith pets, those people whose dog did this to youprobbablyhave children, and this is only one case imangine thecountless others.iam so sorry i hope you are doing better.

Sara

I know it is little consolation, but,perhaps, it was better for Thumper to exit fairly quickly,instead of falling prey to a tumor or the adrenal disease you suspectedearlier. Maybe that was God's way of saving him from alonger, lingering demise.

I know it is/was traumatic for you and will forever remain so, but atleast Thumper is at peace across the Rainbow Bridge, waiting for all ofus to catch up with him.

Once again, so sorry for your loss.

Buck

Slynk wrote:
...Personally I'd be over there with the shotgun, but if youprefer you could take legal action....
Ahh, Slynk, dealing with problems with a gun is often not as simple asyou may think. Having carried one professionally "during mywar," I know how more difficult it is to live with the aftermath inspite of all the harsh and brave words one may use or hear on the TV orin the cinema.

Hopefully, you will never have to experience that same learning curve in the long life that stretches out before you.

As such, we can do without that kind of violent suggestion(s) here on the Forum, if you please? Think about it, mate.

Buck

Thank you all for all your support. Ican't even tell you how much it means to me. I think bunnypeople have very special tender souls and that is why we love bunniesso much. I have cried all day. I didn't sleep aminute last night and I worked today. (kinda) I wasthere. I tried to keep my composer but was not able to I amstill sobbing uncontrolably. I would have thought I wouldhave run out of tears but that is not the case. I don't thinkI have cried ths hard straight for over a day. I waswondering the same thing Buck. A fast passing would have beenbetter than a long painful death if was in fact sick. I justhate it had to be in such a horrible and terrifying way. Ijust see it over and over in my mind. I am in North Carolinaand we are behind the times with pet laws. However,I intend to talk to the owner and have them pay for the vet bill andgive them a full detailed discription of what happened stepby step so the understand my horror and pain and the inpack of thesituation that "free" dog put on my and my family. Lucy (mydog) keeps looking for him in all of his favorite places.Behind the couch, table, office desk and his cage. He seemssad and lathargic. I think he knows. I haven't beenable to bring my self to clean his stuff out yet. I just can't eventouch it right now. I really do feel your support, prayersand thoughts. I does mean more to me than I couldsay. Thank you!

alison

I'm so sorry this happened to you, what a violentthing to witness. I hope you heal soon and forgive yourself because itwas out of your hands.

Megan

Lucy/Thumper wrote:
Lucy (my dog) keeps looking for him inall of his favorite places. Behind the couch, table, officedesk and his cage. He seems sad and lathargic. Ithink he knows. I haven't been able to bring my self to cleanhis stuff out yet. I just can't even touch it right now. Ireally do feel your support, prayers and thoughts.I does mean more to me than I could say. Thank you!

alison

It's so heartbreaking that Lucy keeps looking for Thumper :(

Pam

Oh how awful. Poor Thumper. Iwould suggest laying it into the neighbor about this. Anawful painful experience. At least Thumper had a good lifewith you, and you showed him that humans are not all bad before he wascalled to the Bridge.

My thoughts and prayers go with you.

Melissa

Lucy/Thumper, I'm so sorry for what happened. Ican't imagine the trauma you suffered witnessing it. My thoughts arewith you. I hope the Rainbow Bridge will bring you some comfort.

thats so sad.. aw.. *hugs* its horrible seeing something take the life out of something else.

Sorry for your loss, really a tragedy.

One thing that really tics me off is people who have no control overtheir dogs and cats for that matter and don't keep them undercontrol. I could never let my guys out in my backyard excepton a leash because the trash next door has 4 dogs ans who knows howmany cats. The cats are always at the bird feeders and I havenailed them with my keys so many times they run as soon as I open thedoor. The cats grow up, they get rid of them and get newkittens. The dogs have need taken to to the pound once forrunning loose and going after people. Last year the dogs wereon the roof of the house in therain.

If one is loose and I catch it, it will go to the humane society.

ed

That's horrible!

I am so sad for you and for Thumper and Lucy. When my firstbunny died I had a dog and she did the same thing - looking all overthe house for her pal. That can be hard. Rememberall that Thumper brought to your life and whenever you see Lucy lookingaround for him, take comfort in knowing that not only did you make yourlife better when you brought Thumper home, you made Lucy's better, too.

Will say a prayer for all of you tonight, too.

Sarah wrote:
Lucy/Thumper, I'm so sorry for what happened. I can'timagine the trauma you suffered witnessing it. My thoughts are withyou. I hope the Rainbow Bridge will bring you some comfort.
attachment.php

Hi Sarah,

A little OT. The picture reminds me of a sceen from "Watership Down".I've got a old copy of the video that I haven't watched in years. CouldI be right?

Jim

I'm pretty sure that is from Watership Down. Ihave that in line for reading (again). I don't even know how many timesI've read that book actually. Well, I have about six others in linebefore that, but I'm sure I'll be renting the movie after, like Iusually do.

Yes, I'm a bookworm. Have been since I could read.

OMG, I'm soooo sorry. :( I cryed reading yourvery first post. That's so horrible...my brothers bunny got killed by adog also....it's a very sad thing when that happens..:( My bunny Summersays sorry too... and so dose babysavannah..

Stephanie wrote:
I'm pretty sure that is from Watership Down. I have that inline for reading (again). I don't even know how many times I've readthat book actually....Yes, I'm a bookworm. Have been since I couldread.
You do know there was a sequel of sorts,don't you? It isentitled, Tales of Watership Down, 1996, Knopf. It isnot up to the original quality, but it is neat to rediscover "old"friendsafter you've given them up for lost. As onecommentator said:

"Which is the way it should be. This is not a work of epic proportionsas Watership Down was, but a gentle returning of friends to letus, the concerned reader, know they are doing all right, to let us knowthat the rabbits we grew to love have gone on to prosper and struggleand love. This is a wonderful coda to a wonderful book."

Buck

Back