Thumper is off to the vet!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinac

Reaction score
to be fixed as he has a dutch girlfriend arriving in a few weeks, and i am SO nervous, i hate my animals going to the vet :( So can u keep ya fingers crossed for thumper that everything goes well :) Here he is with my daughter
35516128_full.jpg

Awww what a pair of dolls!

I'm sure Thumper will be fine. How long before you hear back from the vet? Do you pick him up today? bo was in and out so quickly and acted normal a couple of days later :)

Thumper is gorgeous! and good luck! :)

cheryl

I am dropping him off soon but wont be picking him up till tomorrow, so i have all nite and tomorrow to worry LOL

*hugs* One of my boys went in today.

I just got back from dropping him off at the vet and they have informed me he has abcess in his ear that needed to be fixed up. He has had these abcesses for about 18mths now with no probs but vet seems to think they need treated now and have added antoher$100 to the bill! SOmeone miss quoted me the price for theneuter so i was getting it for cost price so i have a feeling they are trying to get money back from me this way :(

They are going to lance the abcesses and the ngive him some ear drops and antibiotics. Im guessing they will give him an injection of ABs then send some oral ones home with him, thats what they have done in the past

I got rung the vet and everything went ok :)Just got to wait for him to wake up properly b4 i can pick him up. Im a bit worried about getting him to eat so any suggestions of what sort of things i can tempt him with?

Glad to hear everything went well!

In my experience, boys usually recovery very fast. Hopefully you ca nget him to eat something right away. He should definitely be eating by tomorrow morning. I would tempt him with his favorite greens and his pellets. If you have trouble with that, you can always try some canned pumpkin (100% pure pumpkin).

Let us know how he does when he gets home. And I would keep him in his cage for a day or so to make sure hes not exerting himself too much.

Hi tinac! So he's doing ok at the vets? That's wonderful :highfive:

I haven't seen a picture of your daughter before, she's so pretty.

You might find he has a normal appetite anyway, some buns do and some don't after sugery. BunBun didn't really eat anything the day he got back but nibbled banana, carrot, puha and grass the next day. Try to feed him his normal foods first otherwise he'll think all he has to do is look sad and he'll get treats :bunny19

Hopefully you get to pick him up soon :hug2:

If you can't get him to eat make sure you come back on here and let us know, some members have awesome ideas on how to get bunnies to eat (not me, mine are natural pigs! They eat anything). But I wouldn't panic in the first couple of hours because he'll be groggy anyway.

My daughter hates the pic of her she said she looks like a pirate LOL Well his faves are puha and dock so will try him on that, but i might buy some baby food too just in case, all my rabbits love baby food lol

oooh arrr, theyre she blows! I see what you mean now, she is sort of squinting one eye shut.

Thumper is beautiful in that pic too :inlove:

Well i just rung the vet and cant pick him up till tomorrow cos he is still a bit sleepy, i was looking forward to him coming home :(

I guess it is better to be safe than sorry. I think i would be more worried if they werent interested in his aftercare but wish i could have bought him home. I have work tomorrow as well so i guess it might be better for him to stay there where someone can keep an eye on him

That's true :), they sound like a caring vet anyway, most just grab your pets and are only too happy to hand them back over :D.

Does your daughter have much to do with the rabbits?

Yup she has heaps to do with them, well the playing with them part i do all the yucky jobs LOL She loves the rabbits and is a bit miffed that ollie doesnt like to be held like the other rabbits but i have told her he will come around :)

Latest posts

Back