Thumper AKA fuzzy butt!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morgan...Luckily I didn't wake up with it but I do agree. I think it should be law that you do not ever wake up with a headache. I also think they should just go ahead and legalize marijuana but make not getting enough sleep illegal. If you didn't get enough then you must take a 1 hour nap. Ha My brain is more affected now by lack of sleep.

He is fun, makes me laugh every day and then he'll binky which makes me laugh more. I've noticed that lately he foot flicks several times the first minute he is out of his cage. Maybe he's just shakin' out those big thumpers.

Everyone should have a good time and I like everyone that's coming by. Which is better than you know being visited by family you are not so keen on.

Chris...I still get them. I had one once that caused my tongue to go numb. I couldn't feel it at all, strange. I also had one of few times when I was working that kept me from seeing well. Everything right in front og me I couldn't see, I could only see out of my periphreal vision which isn't much help on it's own.

Thumper doesn't do it too often so although when he does I am waiting to get a big bunny foot in my eye I do let him go to have his fun.

The weather here is very disappointing. It's only getting to the low 50's here, mostly cloudy which it seems like it has been all winter and what they call breezy, I call it just this side of gale force winds so it feels even cooler than it is. This weekend I think is supposed to get into the 60's. I am looking forward to building the cage, some of it is that I'm just tired of being cooped up and doing the same work everyday. I'm ready for a change.

My husband found this just the other day. I can't stand them and they have some of the strongest webs out there. Even a pressure washer doesn't knock the webs off. A hurricane will though. Springs coming, time to start being extra vigilant...

misc pics 004.jpg

I don't know if we are still talking about this or not but I am going to bring it back up :p hehe! I have always been best friends with my dad but he also will be VERY strict when necessary, and I am 22. I am thankful for that. But also when I was like 14 he started letting me drink, but ONLY at home. I was pretty good about it but then I got into marijuana(I know, everyone thinks I am a goody two-shoes but secretly I wasn't lol), it wasn't a big deal to him but then I got arrested for possession (of two freaking joints!!) went to juvy for a day and he said that I am to never leave the house with marijuana and man I didn't want to so for the next 6 months I only smoked at home and on occasion, then I quit. :) YAY! But even though he let me do those bad things, I didn't ever get away with any other BS, no mouthing off, I snuck out once when I was 17 and he found out like 2 months later and walked into my room and said, "Katie, wake up, I found your window screen on the ground, did you sneak out?" I answered "Yes Poppy, about 2 months ago" so he told me to get up out of bed, and he got my most sparkliest blingy cowhide belt and spanked my butt with it. lol. I deserved it.

Also, today is Leo's little brother ,Kevin's, birthday, Idk I guess he turned 5. Well he is the little kid who "OWNED" (if I dare say that), the cute little bunny that he caught outside. He is a little terd. When he visits us, I dread the time we spend together. He doesn't listen, he hits, he talks back, he wont eat his dang food (then his mom gives him cake after he doesn't eat!!!!), he has said cuss words, he lies, and he is just an all around terd. Well his mom called Leo today and let Kevin talk to him and he is saying "TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY and my Mom said shes gonna get me a Nintendo 3d Ds!!!!" and Leo is like you don't need that sh1t, you need to get books and stuff. So he talks to his mom and he is on speakerphone and he is telling her that he needs to get him educational stuff bc he gets away with EVERYTHING, she gives him anything she wants (and they don't have money to be spending on just anything), and that he doesn't deserve another dang videogame. Oh and he was speaking all in Spanish so I have no idea what he was saying til he told me afterwards. And he told her that she should be getting him a leapfrog or something and she says "oh he already has one of those" and Leo's like well there you go! Buy him a game for it! I never got spoiled when I was a kid, you beat me and twisted my ear if I didn't eat beans or sour cream and I HATE SOUR CREAM! SO she says "don't even start that. Well ok I have to go now" But I told Leo he is absolutely right for telling her that and that I hope Julio (his new dad) heard it all too. I cant stand that kids get rewarded for bad behavior. They should get rewarded for good behavior, like when Lisa's boy told the truth. I would buy him a new movie or something he really likes, maybe a piece of chocolate if hes lucky lol. Yep, that's what I think.

Missy...that's why my most favorite knick name for him is fuzzy butt, because they just look so big and fuzzy. I chase him around saying "I'm going to get your big fuzzy butt, I'm going to get you fuzzy butt".

I swear he brings out the total goofball in me!

Morgan... I have no idea. I think they are just nasty looking and their webs are ridiculous. I rode through one mowing the grass last year and when it first hit me in the face, I thought a big dragon fly flew into me.

He has been flopping there a lot lately. One of the girls took that picture.

Katie...I was more strict then most parents with my kids when they were growing up and yet they always felt like they could talk to me as well and we did have fun together even if it was just hanging out together. I also tried to be understanding. I can remember what being a child and a teen was like. I wanted them to be happy. I guess since I've suffered from depression it was a big priority for me, I never wanted them to feel that way. Now looking back there are some things I wish I had done differently.

We are the same with the girls. They get to have fun and enjoy themselves but if they break a rule or don't behave they are punished. I can't stand kids that are let to run wild and misbehave, even more I dislike the parents. Most of it I think is that they are just too darn lazy to parent. It does take effort and work but they had the kids and that's what is best for the kids. I've seen it with my kids and with the girls. Children are by far happier with rules and boundaries than without.

It was snowing in these in case you were wondering...This should be part of the back yard...It all looks much better when the weeds aren't brown:)

misc pics 007.jpg

Its nice and flat where you are! I bet it is really nice when its green, my house is always so much nicer when its green too. Thats partly because my house is actually pea soup green, so when the trees are green too it makes my house disappear! I love that!

Okay, I'll tell you a crazy story about a spider we had. I was walking out my back door last summer and almost ran into a spider web, I saw the web before the spider and then the spider. It was a huge orange orb weaving spider. So instead of killing it or getting it out of the way, I had a talk with him. I told the spider that he was in MY door way, that just because it was open didn't mean it was his. It was MINE! I told him he could go to the left or the right of the door and that would be fine. So I let him be and went out the front door. The next night, I went and checked on the spider and he was to the left of the door. The whole summer, he made his web in the same spot, to the left of the door. He would take his web up during the day and sit on the edge of the roof on the under part where he wouldn't be in the sun, all day he would sit there until it was time for him to make his web. I got through to that spider last summer! They're pretty smart I think and I think they understand us! haha. There's my creepy "I talk to spiders story"

Yah, it is pretty flat. I'm originally from near Pittsburgh so I do miss the hills. It is also one reason why it always windy here. Which I get really tired of, makes it hard to work when the wind blows your long hair across your face so you can't see.

I think they are orb weavers. I looked it up but couldn't find a definite on that. Everyone just wants to talk about the poisonous ones. If they stay out of my way I'm fine. Well except the black widows. I have animals and kids so those have to go. The orb spiders though hang on the front of our house. I swear there were at least thirty of the large ones last year. I'll take a picture and show you if they all come back again.

Orb weavers aren't poisonous, nor do they mess with anyone. They're just a little creepy crawly. But their the only spider I can actually stomach to be around. I find them fascinating. We get a ton of them every summer. We have a pond right in the back, so I guess we have the perfect place with the flying bugs and what not. The only thing I don't like about them is when I walk out at night and hit their webs and I KNOW they're on me, so then they have to die. So normally I have to carry a lantern or flash light with me to walk at night. They like my magnolia tree a lot. The only spiders we have a huge problem with is the wolf spiders. Because apparently our water has spider steroids in it and they come out looking like horror movie spiders! Its horrible. I will crawl up a wall to avoid them and I will also sacrifice my husband to a spider so I don't have to be near it.

I can imagine you are the spider whisperer and they follow your instructions...that is so funny that it moved, must have understood you.

I don´t mind spiders, wouldn´t like to come across big hairy ones with long legs but can live with the normal ones and I usually let them live, after all they do keep the bug in check.

I don't have problems with most and I always liked the black and yellow ones but I find these ones ugly and gross. I don't like their big butts or the color they are. I think though it's mostly the color. It makes me think of resident evil. We used to take the dog out the front door to go potty which is where all of these spiders hung out at. I especially could not stand them on the porch because I didn't want them getting in my hair. But even walking in the yard was bad because a few times there would be a web from the house stretched out like ten feet at an angle to the ground. Although we had lights on to see to take the dog out we couldn't see the web.

Couldn't send the dog out by himself because the knuckle head has twice chased a skunk at night, hoped he learned the first time...Nope!

Mine right now are the black widows though. before moving down here I thought seeing them would be kind of a rare occurrence. Boy was I wrong.

Chris...we get some biggish hairy ones but not like tarantula size. I think bugs just come bigger in the country, must be the fertilizer. :)

So, I missed the whole of the previous page so I had to go back and look, all those potos I missed. The dbf is great and I love that light coloured belly on him....I just love flemmies.

The view with the moon is so lovely, I love a full moon, sort of makes me a bit weird but it just so fascinates me.

I was ranting yesterday about the twins who were at her house the other day and the dad showed us an App on the phone like one of the tamagochis and he gave the kid the phone and he was doing things but knew how it all worked. I just give up on some parents...this kid is just over 2 and isn´t even potty trained but knows how to play apps on a mobile phone. Probably never seen a book. It just makes me so mad to see young kids on phones or tablets or with computer games when parents should be giving them educational toys and teaching them to read. More kids who´ll grow up into adults with no social skills, conversational skills and no knowledge of how to interact with other people.

Now I am mad, I´d finished a long post and it´s just vanished :pssd:

So, I´d missed a whole page and all those photos. Thumper is a champion dbf´er. I love that little lighter coloured tummy. And the photo with the moon in the background...oh, I love a full moon, it´s sort of fascinates me, i could look at it forever.

I was having a rant yesterday about the twins at my friend´s house the other day. Dad gave the lad the mobile as they´ve got an App on it with a tamagochi. The kid knew what to do and how it worked...heck, you can´t even be bothered potty training but he can do that. I bet they don´t know what books are. It´s just so much easier nowadays to stick young kids down with a phone or a little computer game to keep them quiet. I hate that you see kids of 5 and 6 having no interaction with adults they actually come to see, they sit on the sofá with their game and take no notice of anyway. Are we creating a generation of adults who´ll have no social skills, no manners and no idea of how to interact with other people. It makes me so very sad.

Back