Thumper AKA fuzzy butt!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elise...I do plan on keeping the buns. I can't imagine being able to find someone that knows buns well to find them a home with. Most people are just clueless. I'm glad Thumper doesn't run off with food too often.

Bec...they are outdoor cats but they also live in the garage. None of them go more than fifteen feet from the house and we are surrounded on each side by at least two acres. We were thinking to get the male kitten neutered first so he wouldn't get his mom or sister pregnant because we can keep the cats in the garage completely to avoid a male cat getting to them.

Chris... I can only imagine how crazy they were since they only got pellets once. Thumper makes me worry when he eats his pellets that one day I'll have to try and perform the bunny Heimlich on him. He scarfs them now and barely breathes. Laverne and Shirley are almost as bad. You would think all of my buns were starving.

Kmaben...Thank you. I will always be a large bun fan myself. There is just something about them. Thumper actually laid his head down on my lap today and just closed his eyes while I was giving him nose and cheek rubs, it melted my heart!

Morgan...I laughed too. I just love him too much to be mad at him.

I guess maybe I need to look at what age they go into heat and maybe also start keeping the boy on one side of the garage by himself away from the girls.

That´s exactly what he did, he scarfed them down so quick, he could hardly breathe, I always worry what I´d do if I had to give them first aid.

I love seeing the bigs buns being used as pillows or just being big softies, you just can´t do that with a tiny bun.

By the way, I saw the pic of Thumper blowing a kiss ago on another thread, I think that´s one of my favourite bunny pics, he is just too cute.

They go into heat at like 6 months. Thats like the worst cat trait. I think I've only had one cat go into heat and it was many years ago. We always tried to get them fixed before that happened because its so annoying.

I wish Ellie would let me love on her like that! She'll be 1 next month, so maybe as she gets older!

Morgan, I cannot believe Ellie will be 1, where does the time go. I just think the larger buns are more laid back and love to be petted, just look at Monty as well. The little ones are more hyper and skittish so I don't think they´ll ever be that cuddly and still. Just shows how different they all are.

Wow! Ellie 1 in a month? Time flies like Chris said. I do agree that the larger buns are more laid back. Ash isn't a super large bunny but he's very laid back and cuddly. Hopefully Ellie will calm down more with age.

I had one cat go into heat before. I just didn't realize it started so young. It was no time before I had her in and spayed. There was no chance of her getting pregnant but her constant hollering was insane.

She may calm down as she gets a little older. Thumper has always been mellow but he has slowed down and wants pets more than when he was younger.

Our weekend turned out busy. Hubby has built himself a new 4 wheeler for racing and wanted to try it out and see how it does. We have a local place that is 5 minutes from us that just opened up a sand drag strip for 4 wheelers and dirt bikes. Also top fuel bikes. They have had mud bogs there for years. We went there on Saturday. Hubby ran in two classes he got third place in the one class. His 4 wheeler is really not made for the one class but he got a 3rd place. The other class which is what it is made for he got 1st place. Everyone we work with did good except hubby's work buddy. His motor blew up on his first practice run so he was done for the day. Races ran late so I got to come home, take care of all the animals, unpack and get a shower. Had a really bad headache by then.

I woke up this morning with the headache although it was a little less painful. We decided we would go to the race today as well. It's an hour away though. Again hubby got 1st place in his class and everyone we work with ran well. One guy we don't work with wiped out at the start of his race. He was racing a bike and when he lost control of it he wound up close to the metal guard rail. He put up his hand to keep the bike from smashing him into the guard rail which worked but he kept sliding down the track for a little. He seemed pretty much unhurt except for a lot of blood on his hand, not sure if his hand being pulled down the guardrail just took skin off or if the metal just cut him.

Then one of our guys as he was leaving the track after a run had his bike fall on him. He wasn't moving fast and wouldn't have gotten hurt but his pipe came to rest on his leg when it fell on him and burnt his leg bad. He had a 1/4 inch flap of skin like burnt/melted off. It was still attached just kind of pushed to the side. He had several more runs after and did get 2nd place.

Now most of the guys we work with are younger. Most are around 18. We have one we work with who is very mild mannered, very soft spoken, respectful and always has a smile on his face. Well today they were having issues with the lights which show you when you are lined up, then shows you when to go and will show who won the run plus will show If anyone red lighted (left too soon).

Well Michael ran against another guy we'll call TJ. Michael won but got as bad call. At the end of the day when all of the races were over Michael called TJ out for a grudge match. I guess TJ must have said something about him beating Michael the one time.

So Michael and TJ lined up to run, they took off and Michael ran his bike perfect and beat TJ. The place went crazy cheering. He called him out on a grudge and beat him. Michaels dad told him let's go home. But Michael was not satisfied and lined up again. No one could believe it. TJ lined up as well and again Michael ran his bike perfect and won. The place went even wilder. Everyone was cheering, everyone was hollering. Michael come around. Hubby made a comment to Michael about him having a fire lit in him today. Michael looked at hubby and said "He made me mad Mr. Rob" Ha! I tell you, you shouldn't mess with the quiet ones!

I have had the same headache all day and can't get rid of it. I took care of the buns after I got home. I needed to clean both cages. I forgot to move one panel on the Xpen so Thumper managed to get too close to the girls. Nothing happened or could have happened except for Thumper peeing on the floor so added work for me.

Saturday morning my dog threw up on the carpet outside my bedroom so I walked out in the morning and stepped in vomit first thing. Not a good start to the day. He also threw up on my one kitchen rug in front of my sink. All of the hardwood in that area and he throws up on carpet. I miss it. I haven't had the chance to clean it. I will tomorrow though because I miss it. I took it outside that morning so no, I don't have it in the house still a mess.

Wow sounds like you guys had a fun weekend!
I'm glad Michael won all the races against the jerky guy! I bet that was exciting to watch!

Nope, stepping in dog vomit is not the way to start a day. haha. My dog does the same thing, or the cats. If they have to throw up, they can't throw up on all the hardwood, they have to do it on the rugs or me. haha. Yuck.

It was a good weekend.

Our one cat throws up at times and can't even be bothered to get up from where she is. For a period we had a camping chair sitting in the garage and she would sleep there but then twice she threw up there so I cleaned it and put it away.

I've been around but not feeling like talking. Hubby got sick and now I have it. The coughing has been keeping me up at night plus the other night we had some ones hound dogs running through our yard in the middle of the night baying and barking. Hubby and I both jumped up and went out to the garage to let our one cat in. For some reason she likes to sleep outside at night.

The girls are still skittish, maybe they always will be. Each night when I get ready to put them in their cage for the night I will hand feed a few pellets to each while I kneel on the floor. Then they are not shy and have no problems at all with putting their front feets on my legs. Then I will put the bowl of pellets in their cage and they go right in. Then I give them each a pet. Shirley is getting more comfortable with having her back petted. If you pet Laverne's back she will hop quickly to the other side of the bowl so she is facing me but she will let me give her a nose rub.

Shirley bit my knuckle last night but it was an accidental bite as she was going for a pellet while I was hand feeding them. It didn't break the skin but is a reminder how sharp their teeth are.

I bought a four pack of whiffle balls yesterday. So far none of the buns seem to be interested in them.

I was afraid Laverne died last night. I was dimming our dining room light before going to bed and Laverne was flopped in the cage. Well she didn't move when I walked past which is not like her. She didn't move when I dimmed the light. So then I turned the light back up to help me see her better to look for breathing and she still didn't move. I saw her breathing so dimmed the light again and went to bed. So I guess they are feeling more comfortable in the cage as well.

Holy crap Denise! I was ready the post about the hound dogs and my eyes went down and saw DIED in the next post and my heart tried to jump out of my dang mouth! haha. I'm glad she's not dead and she was just flopping like death! haha.

Thats actually a REALLY good sign, thats she's totally comfortable in her new home. Ellie JUST started flopping like that, but she still stirs a little when I walk into the kitchen.

I have a cat that throws up a lot too. Its irritating, because she gorges herself on food and then throws it up, usually back into the bowl. LOL Ew.

I've also been around, but haven't said much. I get it!

I love it when they totally dbf but can?t resist poking them or going too close just to make sure they are still alive. I hate waking them up but I just need to know they?re still alive lol.

Hope you?re all feeling better now, I hate coughs especially the annoying ones where you can?t control it. I?ve got the sniffles at the moment. Hate the beginning of these end of summer colds, such a pain.

I used to have a male ferret that would sleep though anything. The kids loved him the most because they could pick him up out of his cage while he was sleeping and carry him to their room to snuggle while they watched tv and he would sleep through it all. He gave me good practice on stopping and looking for breathing. With Thumper it's a little easier than with Laverne and Shirley. Even when Thumper is breathing softly his big ol' ears tend to move with his breathing.

Not feeling better yet and the coughing is getting worse. I just really hope I don't give it to the girls.

Good Night. I just did the morning bunny work and let Thumper out. he only had a small pinch of hay left and last night when I filled his hay rack I really stuffed it while thinking I was going overboard. he also drank every drop of his water. Then as always acted as if he was starving when I gave him his pellets. Don't worry he's not. I haven't weighed him in a while but I pet him all over every day and believe me he hasn't lost any weight.

Knock on wood, I've finally gotten Laverne and Shirley to stop eating the carpet. I have covered the spots with the top that cam with one of their storage boxes that I use as a litter box. I also lifted their cage up so it holds down the one end so they don't just dig at the lid and move it. Laverne and Shirley are shedding again. Well it might just be one of them although it's hard to say because there is just hair everywhere. They are not molting though, just a light shedding.

The sunrise this morning was absolutely beautiful. I'm not happy to be up that early and outside waiting on a bus but at least I get to enjoy the view.

I don't think Ellie actually molts, I think she just sheds constantly. So maybe your girls are the same way, they just shed all the time without doing a real molt?

Ellie is like that to with the food and water. She eats constantly and tells me shes hungry by eating the dog food. Ugh. Sometimes I think they're just crazy!

Same here, the two small boys just shed all the time, they have really short hair so I don´t notice as much cos Bandy sheds ball fulls of fur and leaves it absolutely everywhere.

Mine aren´t too bad with food. They do like their pellets but eat a few and then leave them and do back to them later.

Thumper is they same way, he just seems to shed although the last time he did have some unusual patterns to his fur but he wasn't losing clumps every day like UI have seen others on here do.

Laverne and Shirley go crazy for their pellets as well but not like Thumper does. They do get excited when they know they are coming. Will stand on my legs when I hand feed them and then as soon as I put the bowl in the cage they go in. I guess the pellets I feed taste good.

I'm pooped. I cut some of our grass with the push mower. I guess I was out there for three hours. My riding mower's steering went out on me and it's hard to mow when you can't steer. The grass was really long as I was hoping to have the riding mower fixed before now. Now that I barely have the energy in my arms to type I'm thinking I should have just let the grass alone. After all Halloween is coming and it could have added a bit of an abandoned home look to my decorating. Ha!

Oh Gosh, I need a drink! Or five. Ha! Ever have one of those days where you wake up and your moods just not right and it all goes down hill from there?

Everything hurts from my palms to my toes. Mowing should not do this to you but the yard looks better. Had to grocery shop. Ugh! Store full of in the way shoppers that apparently have all day and act as though they were plucked from a jungle having never before been in a modern building. I survived though.

Took our explorer to be inspected as it's up at the end of this month. Of course the third row brake light needs replaced. Hopefully can find one to pull at one of the local junk yards. This will be the second time we have had to do this. I called hubby and told him. He said he would call me back in a little while. That was about two hours ago so I guess I won't be going to try and get it myself today. The expedition needs done as well this month but first we have to get tires for it.

Just worrying about money today which I hate. Have some medical bills to pay plus hubby and I both need glasses plus cats need spayed/neutered. I don't do well with worrying about finances. We're fine but I'm a worrier.

Then there's just the general worrying about where this country is headed. That's all I will say about that.

Days like today I just so long for no responsibilities. I have been responsible for another human life since age 18 and I'm tired. I missed out on the care free only responsible for yourself age. Now and then I could just really use a few days of that.

I should just go snuggle a bunny but there is too much that I need to get done before the girls get home.

Oh and Tractor Supply is still not open. I wasted time stopping there again for the third time. Finally have a sign up saying they'll be open the 25th. I left in tears. All I want is some horse stall pellets. Maybe next week.

Back