Thumper AKA fuzzy butt!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris...Ha! It's always busy here.

I got a pic of Thump as he was laying there so when I get a moment you won't have to imagine it. :)

The dog behaving was just a fluke I'm sure. It is a blue moon after all. Ha!

No, I haven't decided on names yet. But the idea of calling the brown one Krispy did pop into my head today. With all of the talk of rice krispy treats, it's just popped in that she's a golden brown like rice krispy treats or at least the one I make due to the extra butter and she has just a tiny bit of white on her like the spot right above her nose like rice krispy treats with just a little of the marshmallow not quite mixed in.

So far, knock on wood, Thumper has not sprayed. He did poo like crazy near one end of the Xpen this morning but he has been out now for a few hours and not one poo and no spray. Everyone is chilling right now and after a little I'll put him away and let the girls out.

So I spoke too soon. Thumper sprayed. He seems to 90% of the time do it in the evening so I am going to start putting him away a little earlier. Right now he is let out at about 10am and tonight I put him away at 8pm. Plus I want to start letting the other two out for longer periods. Once school starts in a little over a week he'll get let out at about 8:30am.

The girls have been sniffing, chinning and binkying since being let out. The brown one actually binkied off of me as I was cleaning the cage. Just now the black was running outside of the cage to one side, thumping and then zooming around the front of the cage into the other side, hop into the litter box, thump and then duck down low to the ground. She looks like she's trying to hide in the litter box. Silly Bun, litter box is purple but yet see through! She stopped to rest a little and is now back at it. No sounds going on other than me typing away here. Do you think the silly girl is practicing her thumping and fleeing tactics?!

Now she ran out the side door of the cage, around the front to the other side, thumped, ran to the front of the cage and jumped up hitting the front of the cage with her front paws. Maybe she doesn't like having the side door open and the front door closed? I had the side shut with the front open but they were zooming around the door and I thought I'd shut it so it would be out of their way and they can get in the side door instead.

As I'm typing this, I just heard my cat holler and my child is crying. So I think he jumped on her and scared her and she scratched him. haha. Oh god, what a way to start the day! I haven't had coffee yet, its still brewing!

I think your black bun was a little scared. Maybe, depending on how her ears and breathing were. Ellie acted like that when she saw the dog for the first time a few months ago. She flipped out in her cage. What where her ears and breathing doing? Maybe she was just zooming around? But it sounds like she was a little upset.

It sounds like your dog did really well in the bun room.
I sort of saw something on my blog where you said something about getting a vest for your dog. I think that you should. I remember talking to this lady a few years ago who had too Aussie shepherds and one of them had to wear a vest all the time. She said it was because her dog was pretty wild on the leash, so smart, but refused to listen. So someone told her that getting a vest gives your dog a sense of self and helps them to respond better. So she got a small vest, like not one that you put stuff in, but just something for him to wear and it really helped. He was such a well mannered dog with the vest on and I think it helped to train him better. I know YOUR dog is trained though, so its not for the training part of it, but maybe to help him stay calm? My dog is so gentle and deliberate with his actions at home, he doesn't jump or get too excited but outside he's wild. I think its whatever is in him, he has a REALLY high prey drive. So when we walk he's in constant 'hunt and skulk' mode, as I call it. The vest helps to take some of the wild actions out of his behavior. He doesn't try to cruise back and forth in front of me, he just walks at my side or at the end of the leash at my side. Its really calmed him down on our walks in the parks.
The other night, our first 2 miles were with the vest in a public park, he did beautifully. He didn't pay any attention to anyone. But then our cool down walk was in my dads neighborhood which was crawling with people, with no vest. He acted like a jerk. LOL He was back and forth in front of me, super whiny. He doesn't ever pull on the leash or anything, but sometimes he just acts silly!
I think they really help to make them feel important. Plus shirts and vests are known to calm dogs down. But I guess, I don't really know why your dog would need a vest. HAHA. But they make small, slim fitting service dog vests that you can buy. But they're more expensive than the one I got.

And yes, all bunny people are crazy.

Morgan...well the black bun was fine at first, just running around binkying. Then she just went a little crazy. I tried changing which door was open back to how I first had it and that didn't help. I did go in the room and sit in the pen with them and she stopped after that. Hubby also came in and interacted with all the buns. The brown let me stroke her nose a few times. She likes to come up behind me and nibble my shorts.

I plan on building a house or something for in their pen today. I don't want to use ones with Thumpers smell on them as they peed in part of Thumper town before and they loved playing in it. They would hardly leave it when they were out just zoom around in it.

Going a little crazy today and I have a headache already. Friday my daughters jaw swelled up badly. She went to the dentist who said it was an extreme emergency and sent her to the hospital. Her wisdom tooth is infected. They gave her pain pills, antibiotics and lanced and drained it three times. After being there all day she was released but went back hours later as it got worse. Spent the day again and again they drained it. Were saying she would stay the night and have surgery Sunday. Changed that and sent her home and she is back at the hospital now for the surgery. So a few worry filled days.

Yesterday I power washed the house, garage, shed and patio. Not bad mother than at one point having a nasty spider crawling on my arm. Of course, I was freaking out so it took several attempts to knock it off as I desperately pleaded for it not to bite me. later I had a large bug in my hair line on the back of my neck. I tried knocking it off and then forced myself to check but it was still there. It took two more attempts to get it off. I never saw it, just know it was big and it felt like it had goods legs for holding on.

The bun schedule has been going well. Little buns will go in when it's time by me giving them their pellets for the night. The black one is a crazy thumper though. She really thumps a lot but never when you would expect her to.

That's the pic of Thumper right as he started to eat his hay. Up till then he had just been laying with his front legs in his hay rack. A pic of the black bun while she was enjoying the air from the shampooer blowing on her. Has her eyes all squinted up from the air. And a moth I took a pic of. I wish I had gotten a better shot but my camera batteries died the moment after I took it and didn't know till now how it came out. The moth was actually dead so...

100_4461.jpg

100_4465.jpg

100_4464.jpg

Great pics, Houdini eats his hay like that with his feet resting on the hay rack, it always makes me laugh so Thumper is the same. Black bun´s fur is so shiny. Sounds like they´re all getting used to each other.

Love the colours of the moth and those boots are lovely, I love ankle boots.

Hope your daughter´s feeling better and the swelling has gone done. Pain in the mouth is no fun

Your boots are super cute! I really like them. I want a pair like that!

Those moths are pretty cool, I like moths. And that spider is a St. Thomas Cross spider. My husband almost grabbed one of those a few weeks ago trying to get a tomato off the vine. I had to tell him to stop because he almost touched it!

And those buns are ridiculously cute. Thats pretty funny that Thumper just sits with his feet in his hay rack like that.
I bet your black bun did enjoy the air blowing off the carpet cleaner. Ellie likes the fan.

Chris...So Thumper's not the only one. Ha! Both buns look so much better than when they got here and smell better. Just yesterday hubby commented on how much bigger their poops are now than what they had been. Yes, I have talked about bunny poo enough that my hubby noticed the difference. Ha!

Now I just have to wait until I have an excuse to wear them.

Hopefully she'll feel better soon. She has had a year filled with physical problems and I know she is ready for a break from pain.

Chris...I think I might have got them at Target, sheesh I obviously shopped at too many stores that day because I can't remember. Ha!

I can remember once going to Pizza Hut to pick up some and catching this large moth there to take home and show everyone. Much easier now that we can just take a pic with a phone. Ha! I also threatened a boy that lived near my grandmother once because he went after a large one with a plastic bat. He said he thought it was a bat. I put it in a bird cage my grandparents had in their basement and tried to nurse it back to health.

Are those spiders poisonous? We had one on our front porch too but it left. Shoot that could be the same one. I don't see too may of them here but used to see them all over in Pa.

Well I haven't figure out why the black bun thumps so much while she is out. After a while though she will stop but then the brown one starts. Tonight while eating dinner hubby asked if they only did it while he was in the house. Nope, they kept at it after he went to the garage.

So far I have had two days with no one peeing and there is also less poo being dropped out of litter boxes. Our routine is for me to give the girls fresh water, fill up their hay rack and give them pellets when I put them away at night. I then go and do the same for Thumper while he runs around for a few minutes. Well tonight he was completely absorbed in sniffing over the one corner near the Xpen and he didn't pay any attention to me putting his pellets in his dish. I hadn't dropped the whole bunch yet so I took the rest over and waived them by his nose and he went flying to his cage. Silly bun!

I've had an update on the long haired girl kitty we had. One of the guys we know through racing gave her a home. He sent a pic, she's getting big and looks less kittenish then when he took her home. He says she follows him all around the house. So Yay for her!

The grey male is funny, we just realized that when I'm around and he wants petted he will come near me and he flops down on his side. When I say flops, I mean he flops! I noticed before that when I would pet him instead of arching his back into it like cats do he would make himself low to the ground and then would lay down to be petted. He only does this with me though. He lets himself be petted like a normal cat with everyone else. I wonder if it's because when they were smaller I would make sure to pick each of them up everyday and would hold them in my arm and pet them so maybe he associates being petted by me with laying to be petted. He's a sweetheart though, they all are.

Those spiders aren't poisonous to people. I got the name wrong though, its a St. Andrews Cross Spider, not St Thomas. Ugh, different saints! haha. But they're pretty common and not a problem. I actually sort of like them to look at, from a distance. Like I told my husband last night, I don't mind spiders as long as they're not in my house with me or as long as they can't touch me. haha.

I think I might go to Target and see what I can see with the boots. I do like those a lot.

Your kittens sound really cute. I love how all cats are different.

Thumper sounds like a real character.

I´m glad the little kitty is settling in and the grey male sounds so adorable. I´ve never been a real mad cat fan but the pics of yours sort of won me over, they are all so gorgeous.

I did laugh at your hubby noticing their poops, it´s an obsession we pass on to everyone but I do like a perfectly formed, perfectly sized poop. Heck, I must get a life lol.

Morgan...good to know about the spiders. Guess that's why I couldn't find them when I searched that name. I did find a place that lists different bugs including spiders based on your state. Kinda interesting and now I know a few more to stay away from. Ha!

I don't want spiders near me or on me either. I'm not sure why they have to drive me crazy forever building webs on my mower. We have two acres of yard, go live somewhere else. Ah!

Chris...too bad I can't ship one to you. :) I like most animals but cats are like any other animal, they all have their own personality.

Perfect poo is a good thing, it means you can have a life and not stay home worrying and nursing an ill bun. I know I would rather have to pick up 100 perfect ones a day then see a few not perfect.

I have been around but haven't posted. Two days in a row I had to go to a school for orientation. The oldest starts middle school this year. So from now until high school all three girls will not be in the same school. We are hoping this is a good thing. Right now we feel some of their fighting is due to them being around each other so much. The schedule is going to be interesting. I was thinking the oldest would catch the bus an hour earlier so instead of getting her up 30 min after I get up I could get her up when I get up, an hour should be enough time for her to get ready. I was wrong as she catches the bus 1 1/2 hr earlier. Homework time should be easier because I'll go through it with her and should be done by the time the twins get home so I won't have to try helping three at once.

I think I might know why the buns are thumping so much but if I'm right then I'm not sure why Thumper isn't. We have two large birds coming to our front yard and the neighbors yard every day at dusk and remaining throughout the night. We assume they are owls. We haven't heard any hooting to know for sure but they do call out a lot but it is more of a short screech. Because they are out in the dark we assume they are owls and they are big but every time we see them due to it being dark or almost dark we have not been able to make out anything more than their shape so no colors to go by. I did listen to different owl calls on youtube this morning but didn't hear what we hear. I know it's them though as I was out the other night and watched one fly to a tree, then to the ground, then towards the neighbors and then to another tree and each time it called.

The new set up and schedule seems to be working as no one has sprayed in days and there is a lot less poo around. In fact Thumper only left two for me to clean up yesterday.

Also have some more good news. They have just opened a Tractor Supply on my shopping run. I can now get the horse stall pellets without having to go out of my way. Plus I can shop there for hubby at times.

Congrats on the new TSC! Thats always a great resource to have! I love TSC.

We had owls that lived in our woods. They were the most frightening things ever. They made this horrible monkey sounding noise and it was freaking terrifying. Then one night at like 8 my husband and I were standing in the driveway and it made this horrid screeching sound from like 10 feet up and my husband took off running and I yelled at it to get on! They fly silently and they can always see you. Owls are freaking creepy. Maybe you could look up the types of owls that live in your area. Thats what I did and I'm pretty sure that the owls we had were Great Horned Owls, judging by their calls. They have moved on though, haven't heard them in 6 months or so.
We also have a hawk pair that live here. They're pretty cool. I know you guys get all kinds of eagles and stuff, which is really awesome!
I wonder if the owls bothered the little buns when they were at your neighbors house and thats why they remember them. The buns were outside weren't they? So maybe the owls scared them there and since they can still hear them, they're scared still. And Thumper doesn't care because he hasn't been outside at night to contend with the owls!

So the twins are in elementary school? And the oldest one is in middle school? Maybe when they spend a little time apart, like not being in the car together two and from school everyday and then being home together, they'll be better together. You know what they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder. haha. I think sisters in general just argue and fight all the time anyway.

We stopped by TSC today for the pellets but they are not open yet but it is completely built. Wish it would have had a sign up saying when they plan on opening. We did go to Southern States though and got some.

I did look up the types of owls in my area. The hard thing is I have never seen them clearly until just a few minutes ago. There are at least two that either are now living in one of the oak trees at the front of our property or the front neighbors yard as they are there every night now. First I saw the big one sitting on the ground on our property and it wasn't too dark yet. Unfortunately I did not have my glasses on but that sucker had to sit two foot high. A short time later I saw a smaller one so maybe young owls unless there is a large difference in size between males and females. Based on the size and that I could see tufts on it's head and the owls in our area I would say it is a Great Horned Owl.

The two buns were kept outside so maybe that is why.

Yes, the twins are in elementary school and the oldest starts middle school this year. That is what I am hoping that some time apart will make them enjoy the time together more. We shall see.

Let me start by saying I was up last night talking to my daughter from midnight until 4 am and was back up at 9am so ...

I now have only two kittens. A family came today to give the dark striped male a home. The one you really liked Morgan. I am going to miss him and the girls will be sad as he was all of their favorite. It already seems so much quieter. I'm sure his brother will miss him as well. They played together the most. The girl is so much smaller plus she is just a bit calmer than the boys. The family seemed very nice. We know where they live and may see them in the future as they may be getting their son into racing 4 wheelers. He is 14 and was very nice and polite and really seemed to like Tiger, Stripe, Tony the Tiger depending on whether it was hubby, the girls or me talking to him. I think he will have a good home and be loved.

I named the girl bunnies today. Their names are Laverne and Shirley. I know some of you are too young to know the show. I watched it when I was younger, not too many tv shows to choose from then. I wasn't a huge fan but the names just popped into my head out of the blue when I was getting the buns ready for bed tonight and I think they fit. The lighter is Laverne and the black is Shirley. Laverne had lighter hair and Shirley had darker. The personalities fit as well and like the Laverne and Shirley they are best friends. They love each other but have little tiffs now and then.

Laverne and Shirley have learned the bun routine. They get excited and start hopping around their cage in the morning when I start getting ready to give everyone fresh water, pellets and fill up the hay racks. Tonight when I started to do the same for bed for the first time they reacted as soon as I went to get the hay and their pellets. The started to run in and out of the cage and when I put the bowl of pellets in their cage they both immediately went in.

I have moved Thumpers water dish. I have always placed it away from the litter box and hay to lessen the chance of anything getting into it but Thumper now spills his water every night/morning. He doesn't spill a little. I'm concerned about him getting wet so often. Plus the corner it was in he goes to when I start getting Laverne and Shirley put away at night and gets all bunny excited and will actually stand in his bowl. He did spill it tonight while in his cage with it in the new corner. I guess if he doesn't stop spilling it I will have to see about getting him a dish that can attach to the cage.

We watched one of the dumbest movies today "Idiocracy". Maybe it was just dumb because everyone in it was extremely dumb. It is a comedy making fun of the direction in which people in this country seem to be headed.

Back