Those with a SOP book

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4kr

Reaction score
We may be getting a trio of Satins on Tuesday and I have no clue what to look for. I will be ordering a SOP but I don't think it would be here in time. Would someone mind letting me know what the SOP is for Satins? If you would rather scan it, PM me for my email addy. I Really Really appreciate it!!!! The breeder selling them claims they are top show quality and I've been there and burned before....

Thanks you guys!:biggrin:

The Standard of Perfection isn't on that site...they have a working standard for COD holders but not the standard.:-( I wish they did.

Where? Is it online where I can read it or is it the paper book? I don't think it can be mailed and get here before tuesday.

Anybody able to help? I don't need the color info, just body type/fur descriptions. Please, pretty please?:)

Body type is medium length, with depth that approximates width throughout its entire length. Should taper uniformly from HQ to shoulders. Deep shoulder and top body line rises continuously to a high point over center of hips then fall in a smooth curve downward to base of tail. Faults - narrow, flat, shallow shoulders or those that are wider then the hindqtrs. Midsection potty, flat or narrow. Hips protruding or flat. Hq narrow, pinched, undercut or chopped.

Fur should be silky, fine and very dense to the touch (due to dense undercoat). It should be interspersed with lustrous, slightly coarser guard hairs that should extend evenly above the under fur abt 1/8". Coat should be 1" to 1 1/8" in length. Allowable length is 7/8" to 1 1/4". Fur should be set tight to the skin. Faults - cut severlely for fly-back return; coarse or harsh texture. Short, thin, flat coat. Lack of guard hairs of proper length & texture. Coat that is soft and cottony, with texture so poor that it will not return to normal position. Coat that lacks finish and condition. DQ from competition - absence of sheen.

This isn't every word but the gist. Is that what you were looking for?

Back