This year isn't starting out too well

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binkies

Reaction score
My wonderful beautiful aunt passed away on January 4. She was diagnosed with cancer around a month ago. It hit her hard and fast. She had cancer in every part of her body imaginable, even her eyes. She was quickly blind, unable to walk, talk, or eat. Now she is gone and my heart aches. At least she isn't hurting now.

I get a call from my boss this morning. "have you heard from work?" and i said no....she was crying "i have some bad news". Oh geez, what DID I do? One of my coworkers was found dead in his apartment last night. He apparently was missing for a couple of days, last time he was heard from was Thursday night. His father came and broke into his apartment and found him dead. He was very young, perfectly healthy, and quite happy.

If you believe in prayer, I would appreciate some help in praying for the family and friends of these two people. And while you are at it, my husband could use some. He is driving to Connecticut as I type to pick upa dear friend who is now homeless, out of money for hotels to sleep in and now on the street.

Oh man :( I'm so sorry about your aunt, your co-worker and your hubby's friend. I was hoping 2008 would be a great year for everyone and it's turning out a bit rough for many.

You're all in my prayers.

oh my gosh, i'm going to have to have my own mother arrested. she is trying to take my children and run because I am bringing in a "stranger". :cry1:

Thank you. It is horrid. Mother had been like this before with my other sisters. I guess it is my turn now. I have called the police, they are waiting on her to get here.

YIKES! Totally missed this, must have been in ill-bunnies mode. :(

So sorry Amanda, how stressful.

I know about family reactions re: taking in homeless strangers, I'll be more appreciative that my Mom is just leaving it at worried mild nagging about having a homeless schitzophrenicin my living room.

What's the latest?

Hope it all works out without any further stress. :(

And so sorry about your co-worker (and aunt), any further word on the cause?

s :hug1

Oh my gosh, Amanda. I'm so sorry I missed this before:(. Sending hugs to you and the family:(.How awful.:hug::pray:

What's this world coming to.:(

Edit: What's the friend's name that your hubby picked up:p{Cuz I wanted to say "how's your friend your husband picked up?":p(for future updates)? So,is the friend staying with you guys or where'd he take them? How nice of your hubby to get your guys' friend;). My hubby is that way too.

Pipp, it's ok. I know you have a lot on your plate. For a bit,I had forgotten about George.

Mom is still nutso, but the way she works is so hard to explain in words. All the family knows how she is, and we just ride it out until she settles. Calls a zillion times a day to question me and harrass me. Nothing to hide, so I answer questions and ignore the rest.

No news on how Todd died yet. His services were yesterday and burial today.

The friend is Bailey . She is living here with me. Poor girl is scared to death. Such a drastic change in her life. I'm trying to make life easier on her. I hope it is working. My children happily agreed to share a bedroom so she can have her own room. I was shocked. She brought chinchillas with her. She is/was a breeder, sold most of her stock when she left. But right now I have a momma and three babies to cuddle! I had two for 16 years. Loved them to death. It is nice to have them around again.

"crap a saurus woman" that made me laugh! Something I neeeeeded. I'm trying hard to hang in there, ride out the storm.

Thank you guys.

Sounds like you're doing an awesome job of staying strong.
binkies wrote:
She brought chinchillas with her. She is/was a breeder, sold most of her stock when she left. But right now I have a momma and three babies to cuddle! I had two for 16 years. Loved them to death. It is nice to have them around again.
Jealous of you for this one though! If pics are easy to upload, I'd love to see them. I just looooooooooove baby chinners.

t2.jpg
Oh. my. goodness.

Yep! That is one of them IN MY HOUSE!!! *squeals with delight!!!!!*

By the way, you remember the chinchilla all dressed up that you posted the picture of? Bailey knows that person. She has nine and dresses them up alllllll the time.

OMG that is the cutest thing! I have only recently found out that they come in all sorts of colors! I want one so bad...... but I can't - too many allergies and a big grumpy husband! :grumpy:

Your mom is worried about this woman? I thought it was a man. I'm glad you are helping her. I hope she can get on her feet and stuff.

OH MY GAWD...those baby chins are SO ADORABLE!!!!

If you ever want to talk, your mother sounds stunningly like mine...

In fact, I think you responded with nearly the same words in the thread where I mentioned about my mother calling Child Services with a totally false report the ONE TIME she got a hold of our address...

You can email me anytime...I'm here for you...

Thank you Rosie! I'm glad i'm not the only person with a nutso mom.

Well, it just got worse. My Pomeranian, Lacey was at the vet. She hurt her paw, and while we were there I had a lump checked out. She has a fatty tumor on her leg putting pressure on both bones in her leg. Dr said it was going to break anytime now. She has an appointment Wednesday for surgery. Wow.

Latest posts

Back