This Saturday...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

@licia

Reaction score
...I will be picking up THISlittle gem!

Let me just start by saying that for the last little while I have been looking to adopt a rabbit from one of the rescue's in my area and finally decided to contact them a couple of days ago. It turns out the one I originally had interest in had an application already approved (first come first serve, type of basis). I decided that it was better to wait for that "perfect" rabbit to catch my eye again and not just go and adopt any one. I wanted a Holland Lop, and that is what I finally am going to be getting!

Her name is Marmalade and she is a spayed female Holland Lop. Straight from the website themselves "Marmalade came to us early Sept as the shelter she was surrendered too simply could not take care of her medical issues. Very underweight and very sick. Rabbit Rescue took her in and immediately she received vet care. Believed to be suffering from Syphilis she had to spend several days at the vet clinic for constant treatment and care. She is now doing so much better! She was healthy enough to be spayed last week and all signs of her illness are gone. She has an incredible appetite and loves her hay. Marmalade is very laid back and a serious cuddle bunny. She loves snuggle with her people. She would likely do very well bonded to a neutered male rabbit."

I cannot even begin to express with you the excitment and joy I am currently feeling. This rescue has been a pleasure to work with these past few days. They have done so much with getting Marmalade back to complete health after she unfortunately suffered from syphalis. The syphalisgave her horrible discharge and very very painful inflammation in her private parts. It also left her with dried mucus from her nose literally covering her face, the poor thing. The important thing is that they treated her in just enough time andall her fur has grown back now on her face, tummy, and little girlie private parts. She alsohas no secondary health issues.

Oh, by the way, did I mentionhow well mannered this little lady is? Her foster mom has said that she has never shown any territorial or aggressive behaviours at all - even when she came toherwhen she was very sick and still intact with all her hormones. She isn't skittish and once Marmy is in your arms, she loves to snuggle with you in her papoose blankie and tooth purr; sometimes she will want to go and have a little look around but then she comes back to her blanket. She also said when she is free roaming in her room, she has not been destructive at all. She hasn't nibbled on wires, the trim, or the carpet and thatshe has come to trust her to be free for lengthy times now. She is very tidy with her litter habits and never piddled outside her litter box at all - even when she was very sick and in the hospital cage.

This post probably does not cover all of the wonderful details about my soon to be little Marmy, but I am just too excited, so I probably forgot and will share more with you all once she arrives!

Anyway, I am so glad Marmalade was able to show what true beauty and love she has to offer. Her photos completely melted my heart when I first seen her,just like her unfortunate story. I am so can give her the happiness, love and permanent home that she ever so deserves andthehappy ending for a bunny that has truely been through so much.

I now will leave you with a few more photos her foster mom has provided for me...

Hope her photos and story have melted your hearts just as much as they did for our family! :inlove:

shes so cute :) i love holland lops, i remember mine had the most wonderful personality (even for being bossy and anti-social)

cant wait to see more pictures of her!

WOW she looks like a torte HL Very cute!!!

I might have missed it but how old is she???

U and she will b lucky to have each other...Congrats!!!!

:pinkbouce::pinkelepht::pinkbouce:

what a cute little bun!!!!

Congratulations! She's ABSOLUTELY adorable- I'm really happy for you! She sounds like such a lovely bunny...

You must be so excited to bring her home soon- do you have everything set up ready for her?

You have to promise to post lots and lots and lots of pictures when you get her! We love pictures here :biggrin2:

Thank-you, everyone!

mouse_chalk- Yes, I do have everything set up for her. A nice large cage, 2 packagesof timothy hay (for now...), Martin's regular pellets (for now...),a large purple igloo hut, a lime green litterpan + Cozy'n Fresh's natural pine bedding and pellets, aplastic water bottle, a littlebanana plush rabbittoy anda gravity bin feeder that could be used for her unlimited supply of timothy hay. Her foster mom will also be sending her home with her care package that includes all of her toys like herlittle collection of sticks, plastic water bottle, coloured stick ball and her special pink blankie and cardboard boxthat she likes to sleep in and has creatively decorated the interior with her own style of "chewing the cardboardwallpapering" - as her foster mom describes it, lol!

I also can fully assure you that there will be a TON of photos coming all of your way, you do not have to worry about that, that's forsure!

Speaking of photos... here are two more her foster mom has sent me:

HERE she is in her typical snuggle mode in her first blankie

and...

HEREshe is showing what she is like after binky-ing!

I LOVE the name Marmalade and she is certainly one special little lady. I can hardly wait to see more pictures and stories in the future...for you will share them with us...RIGHT?

:D

Hey!
Its so funny, when I started reading your post, I knew it was a girl I had been watching on rabbit rescue! I've been checking that site a lot lately, and I was actualy going to adopt from them, but I had seen my boy at a shelter in Toronto, and noone was interested in him because of his size. I fell in love, but had I not have seen him, I was planning on adopting the bonded pair Bugsy and Lola (but I am happy to see they were recently adopted).
In the future after Wallice settles down a bit, I would love to foster a female from them to see if I can get them to bond, and if not, try and find her a home.
I'm so happy she is adopted out, they are a wonderful organization which I fully support.
Hope you are nothing but supremely happy with your new girl!

Aww,she's a precious little thing...love the pictures

And how exciting for you to bring such a pretty girl home.

I love tort Hollands... she is adorable and congratulations on getting to bring her home tomorrow... best wishes for continued good health for her... she looks like a happy bunny now that she is feeling better.:inlove:

Happy Gotcha Day tomorrow!

Denise

Fancy77 wrote:
WOW she looks like a torte HL Very cute!!!

I might have missed it but how old is she???

U and she will b lucky to have each other...Congrats!!!!

:pinkbouce::pinkelepht::pinkbouce:

It's funny that you ask those questions as I was not sure on the answers and was going to ask YOU guys all what your thoughts and opinions of them were!

When I first seen her, my first guess was that she was a torte aswell. About her age.. you did not miss it at all. Unfortunately we do not have any information on her age. Her foster mom said she could contact the executive director of the rescue and see if she ever had any information in that regard, but I told her not to worry about it because all that matters is that I am going to love Marmy no matter what. Just by the way Marmy acts, her foster mom says she is a young bunny and her best guess at this point would be 2 to 3 years of agesince she is not showingsigns of mobility issues due to arthritis or bluing of the eye due to cataracts. She also binkies up a storm I hear! Haha!

Whatever her age she is gonna have a great life with you!!! She is so sweet!!!!

1 more day yippee!!! r u going in the morning or afternoon to get her???

wallice wrote:
Hey!
Its so funny, when I started reading your post, I knew it was a girl I had been watching on rabbit rescue! I've been checking that site a lot lately, and I was actualy going to adopt from them, but I had seen my boy at a shelter in Toronto, and noone was interested in him because of his size. I fell in love, but had I not have seen him, I was planning on adopting the bonded pair Bugsy and Lola (but I am happy to see they were recently adopted).
In the future after Wallice settles down a bit, I would love to foster a female from them to see if I can get them to bond, and if not, try and find her a home.
I'm so happy she is adopted out, they are a wonderful organization which I fully support.
Hope you are nothing but supremely happy with your new girl!

I read your reply last night and was so very surprised to see another member that was looking at that rescue, never mind the exact same bunny! Talk about asmall world, huh?!

RR is a wonderful rescue group. They do such amazing things for these little bunnies and I honestly could not have asked for a better group to adopt from. I am glad you got your little Wallice and if you ever consider adopting again, RR is indeed the way to go!

Fancy77 wrote:
Whatever her age she is gonna have a great life with you!!! She is so sweet!!!!

1 more day yippee!!! r u going in the morning or afternoon to get her???
Thank-you again, Fancy!

...11am tomorrow is pick-up time! :pinkbouce:

Gorgeous little bunny--looks just like our Theodore (Ted). He is the strangest rabbit we've ever had. He sleeps about 21 hours or more a day--on his side and eyes closed. He only wakes up for treats, food, and exercise time. We take him out of his hutch and put him on the floor--he usually just sleeps in the middle of the floor after he chins everything.

Well everyone, the time has finally come and I am getting ready to go pick up my girl now!

But before I go, I thought it would be best to prepare you all for the amount of pictures that will be coming your way! Haha...

:pinkbouce::bunnydance::pinkbouce:

Back