This is our new brood doe!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PolishRabbitmama

Reaction score
This is our new doe! Yet to be named as my daughter just saw her at 10:30 pm. And we just put her in her cage. She has a bit of sore hock. Which I was informed of and how to treat it before I purchased her. She's 2 yrs old and looks gorgeous. I am going to try to get her some legs. She's out of Carrol's A21 and M J's Black Diamond. Will pose her later but didn't want to stress her. Breeder told me her niece named her Cherry but don't think we'll keep it. Breeder also told me if her sore hocks got worse she would take her back and refund my money. I'll see her next week at a fun show and tell her how she is.:bunnynurse:

2014-05-20 22.57.28.jpg

I don't see Polish with sore hocks very much...how much does she weigh? Otherwise, it could be a genetic issue and I'd be concerned about her passing this trait on. I'd love to see some posed photos though! You know that you can't show her if there are sores....bare skin is okay, but much else and the judge could DQ.

She said this is the first time she's had this happen. Her lines are carrol's A 21 and M J's Black Diamond.. She's 27 mos old. Treating with Preparation H. And now she is in a wood cage. Won't show her till it's healed. I trust the breeder I got her from. And all the local show people know her.Will pose her once she's settled but she has really big eyes and little ears. I like her alot. She's been bred before. And she's been a good mom. Will definitely show you her posed in a day or so.

Did she sell you the rabbit as a brood doe? A brood doe is not meant to be shown but rather is intended for breeding. If bred with the right buck she could produce really good babies for showing.

You can show her but if the breeder has already used her for breeding and sold her as brood quality then she must not of done great at shows or she may have a disqualification. I don't show my brood does, they usually put on weight that's why you have your show, pet, and brood rabbits.
http://tiptoerabbitry.weebly.com/pet-brood-and-show-guide.com

Last edited:
ILuvMyLilBuns my daughter is just jumping into ARBA shows and I figured what could it hurt for her to try and show her. Yes she was sold as a brood doe and never showed her. But for my daughter it's all about the experience. I have to weigh her I doubt she is more than 2lbs though.

ILuvMyLilBuns my daughter is just jumping into ARBA shows and I figured what could it hurt for her to try and show her. Yes she was sold as a brood doe and never showed her. But for my daughter it's all about the experience. I have to weigh her I doubt she is more than 2lbs though.

okay I didn't realize :) it should be great experience for your daughter!

No worries! This is all about my kid. Although I have a feeling this little doe will be mine. As my daughter is hooked on her love for her buck. Which has to do with her age as she is only 10. Happy to say she'll be a great mom as already shown previously. She's a trip. She thinks her litter box which is cat size is a nest box. She's pottied in the corner so I put down some bedding for her to potty on.

It certainly doesn't hurt to show her a few times. The comments can come in very handy when you're first starting in a new breed, and it will help you pair her with the right buck should you decide to add to your stock. Who knows, you may already have the right buck!

I have a very nice doe who has a GC, and I paired her with a nice buck (who also has a GC)...but the offspring weren't as nice as the parents. Some came out with long shoulders and I can't figure out where that came from.

Majorv I tried to pose her but she's still not totally use to us yet but here is a picture of Bellona. AKA Belle And that is a concrete floor in our guest bath. Needs to be retiled so excuse the mess.

IMG_0098.jpg

I like her head, but with her back feet so far forward it makes her look long in the shoulders. She looks to have a nice full hq. Whenever she chills enough for posing post more pics.

Will do! I love her ears. I think she is a bit long but I'm new to this. Mason our buck is nicer in the hq. I just dont like his ears at all.He has a good eye and head also. This is Mason when he was a junior. Will post more when she's a bit settled.

mason1.jpg

@majorv here is a better pic of her still not posed all the way but don't want her to hate me as I've been the one treating her sore hock.

IMG_0113.jpg

You need to lower the camera as well when you're taking this side on photos. Right now you're angled above the rabbit and pointing down, you need to be at the rabbits level and pointing directly parallel to the center of the rabbit.
When youre slightly above the rabbit, the topline people are seeing is really more to 1 side, not directly in the center so its not necessarily going to be the best "critique" unless the pictures are taken properly. Many other features can be skewed this way.
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/f20/how-get-better-critique-including-guess-breed-evaluations-76391/

Yea, see if you can work with her more for posing, and change the camera angle. I like her depth, but her headquarters look chopped...may just be the angle though.

Latest posts

Back