Thinking about getting Harper a girlfriend

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it makes anybody feel any better, before I could set up my appointment to look at the half lops, the vet with the rexes just called. I am meeting her at 3 o'clock, in a few hours, at her veterinary clinic. She is bringing the rexes up there for me to meet, and to see if I want to adopt one of them.

I am bringing the paper with the picture and ID number of the one little female that I have been talking about.

I'll be honest, I don't need a total of 3 rabbits, and you are right, along with Laura, these rexes are in more need of a home than the lops. I just already feel bad, because there are so many of those rexes that need homes, and I can only get one. :?

This is exciting! I hope Harper likes one of them.

BTW- on the cage- aside from the ramps that's just cubes and coroplast, and you can build it for cheaper by buying the materials on your own.;)

Nature, is the base chloroplast too? It looks like one big base, kind of like the base that comes with pet store rabbit cages. Where could I find something like that, and those ladders, if I built it myself?

That's just blue Coroplast on the bottom.

I made ramps from wooden bird ladders. I just covered them with pegboard. You could use other materials though, maybe even cardboard.

That lady on E-bay doesn't include zip ties, does she? That's one of the most expensive things!

Yes, that's coroplast from the looks of it. You can score it and bend it up to make sides. You can find corrugated plastic basically at any hardware store (I found mine at homedepot).

Depending on the height, rabbits don't always need ramps. They could probably jump from floor to floor.

You'll need a lot more than 100 zip ties. I'm not trying to be negative, just trying to save you some $$$.

:)

It's just not worth it to me, especially since you still have to put it all together yourself.

Laura, don't get me wrong, I really appreciate the feedback!! I saw this and figured it might would've been easier and simpler. But listening to your suggestions, and the suggestions of others, I may go back to my original plan of just buying the stuff and building it myself. :D

Just a question.. I have my cage built with connecters and bought a pack of 100 zip ties for extra stability.. is this enough?

Have you seen my cage MBH? It's cost me around $66 CAN. so far :D.

There is 32 grids for that cage (At max if I counted right). So depending on hom much a box, you'd probably need two boxes. I don't know the price per box with how many grids, but here I got a pack of 17 for $20 CAN.

Then you'd need a sheet of coroplast, probably a sheet around$10-15 would work if you cut it up.

Then you just need tobuy something for ramps. Actally, looking at that cage layout, you probably wouldn't even need any ramps. Harper could easily jump on the shelf when they are that height.

It would be WAY Cheaper than the $139. Probably less than that! And I think it would be pretty easy to build as well.

I'm all for saving money! ;)

Oooops.. Maybe 34? I know the thing says 42, but I counted again and it seems more like 34 to me!

Latest posts

Back