Things to keep in rabbit shed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishbunny

Reaction score
Hey all,
So my new rabbit shed will be here either Saturday or early next week, it is a 10x8 shed. This is all the things I thought of so far that I need or would be handy to keep in the shed, any more ideas?

I'm trying to think of things I need/would be handy to keep in my new rabbit shed, which is coming either Saturday or early next week. So far I have thought of:

*Rabbits & their cages
*Spare Cages
*Hay
*Shavings
*Pellets
*Pet Carrier
*Pan & Brush
*1/2 white vinegar 1/2 water solution
*Spare toys
*Nail clippers

Anything else?

Defintely have a hose nearby, or a bucket of water so that you have easy access. ;)
Have some flour in there, so that when you're clipping nails, if you nick the quick, you can stop the bleeding.

Emily

Brush for grooming.

And have you got fly-strike spray?
Them flies would go through ye :grumpy: I forgot about applying the spray to my girls this week and today I saw a fly fly onto Oreo :headsmack

nicolevins wrote:
Brush for grooming.

Them flies would go through ye :grumpy: I forgot about applying the spray to my girls this week and today I saw a fly fly onto Oreo :headsmack

No I don't spray them with anything, I make sure they have no poop stuck to them. You'll see the odd fly on them anyway like all animals :) They twitch and it goes away.

The shed is right next to my house so I have easy access to the kitchen to get fresh water.

nicolevins wrote:
Brush for grooming.

No I don't spray them with anything, I make sure they have no poop stuck to them. You'll see the odd fly on them anyway like all animals :) They twitch and it goes away.

The shed is right next to my house so I have easy access to the kitchen to get fresh water.

You need something solid so you can put the rabbits on and brush them. Also have a chair in there to watch them.

Like me I have a Counter top to put my rabbits on and store my stuff in.. And I keep apple tree branches, Pine-cones to chew on.
Cleaning Items to clean cages with

mistyjr wrote:
Like me I have a Counter top to put my rabbits on and store my stuff in.. And I keep apple tree branches, Pine-cones to chew on.
You can give rabbits pine cones to chew on? Does it matter what type because my parents have a large stand of Eastern White Pine on their property . . .

Krissa wrote:
mistyjr wrote:
You can give rabbits pine cones to chew on? Does it matter what type because my parents have a large stand of Eastern White Pine on their property . . .
Yes, You can give rabbits Pine Cones. They sell it at Petco 3 in a package. But it is way cheaper then picking them off the ground. I like the pine cones that are big. Not the pine cones that are tiny and closed... I dont know how to word it. Sorry
I even give them Apple Branches and Pear branches to chew on.

mistyjr wrote:
Krissa wrote:
mistyjr wrote:
Yes, You can give rabbits Pine Cones. They sell it at Petco 3 in a package. But it is way cheaper then picking them off the ground. I like the pine cones that are big. Not the pine cones that are tiny and closed... I dont know how to word it. Sorry
I even give them Apple Branches and Pear branches to chew on.
I like these kind of Pine cones when they things are open.. I problly dont make no sence. :p
http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.aspx?familyid=100786&Ntt=Pine Cones&OneResultRedirect=1

keep a spare piece of hose in case it gets hot, and you have to rig a sprinkler system over it to keep them cool. Cut holes it in, place over the roof, and block off one end. You will have a natural air conditioner over the barn when you hook it up. congrats on the barn. Mine is like 12x24?

I got a little side table with drawers in Aldi yesterday, which I am going to set up and use to hold some small bits and pieces.

Nancy McClelland wrote:
we use unscented baby wipes instead of anti-bacterial ones on the off chance they might be more bunny friendly.
:)me too - i keep the anti-bac ones for me! the times i've had to answer the phone or door whilst trying to get something icky off my hands:pbunnies!

Latest posts

Back