There's something wrong with Roxie

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I give a whole dropper full every 2-3 hours, I find it helps a large dose every few hours. I looked on my dropper, and it has a line for .25 ML and .5ML, but I fill the dropper up so it's probably .75ML. The gas medicine is harmless, I'd give her a bit larger dose then wait a few hours while keeping massaging then try again.

Exercise is good, so I'd let her run around for a bit too.

Hope everything is ok!

Ok I will give her a larger dose but I just gave her some. I am trying to get her to excercise. It is really hard though when all she wants to do is lay down. :( I put her down and she will sprint under the tree and lay down. When I try and pick her up she keeps her legs spread out like she is still lying down. I want her to get better soo badly.

She doesn't want any more water. I gave her quite a lot already. Her tummy feels like jelly. :(

Simethicone should be given in sizable doses (I use .75to 1.5 ccs on average for my 3lb to5lb guys and I'm still not sure it's enough) but only every hour or so for three, maybe four hours. After that it's best to wait at least eight hours, or even 12, for another round.

What works for us is looooong tummy massages with fingers and even a vibrating toothbrush.

Anything with vibrations is good, even sitting on top of a clothes dryer.

You can also hold her on her back and roll her gently from side to side and lift her back end up to try and help the gas pass.

Keep an eye on her body temp, if she feels cold to the touch, get her warmed her up asap.

Hope she's feeling better soon!

sas :clover:

Thanks I have given her meds for about 5 hours now so I will wait. She is being such a good girl for me. I am making sure she is getting plenty of water. I will try the vibrating and more tummy massages.

yesh, I missed this, stupid classes getting in the way of the bunnies!

I'm Sure Roxie will be fine, I know you will take fantastic care of her and I hope that you guys are doing ok!

:hug1hugs for Hannah and Megan!

I just gave Roxie a long tummy massage with a vibrating tooth brush and I think she is feel a tiny bit better. I just saw her drink water on her own for the first time today. She also just nibbled on a piece of hay. :)

EDIT: Roxie just started eating pellets!!!! Yay! I gues the tummy massage helped! Thank you sooo much to everyone who helped me! She still has some time before she fully recovers and starts eating like her normal self though.

~Megan

Roxie is back to normal. :) I went out to feed her to see her biting on the cage and running around in circles like normal! Plus she is eating like herself again! Thanks everyone who helped. Without you guys, Roxie wouldn't have recovered so fast.
:party:
Edit: I'm just wondering... what do you think caused the gas? I think it was craisins. I use craisins to get her to go inside, which means I give her quite a few even though I break them up. I am going to start training her with pellets now. It will be much harder though as she doesn't love pellets as much as Buddy.

I'm SO glad she's feeling better! :D Such a worry when our little ones are sick!

Stress might have brought on the gas, or the craisins. They're quite sugary, so can sometimes upset a bunnies tummy.

Is there any particular veggie she really really likes? Probably good to cut back on the craisins if that's what's upsetting her little tummy ;).

Way to go Roxie girl!!

Back