Themed Condo?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you ever made or tried to make a themed condo?

• I did, and it was a major success.

• I tried, and it didn't exactly go well.

• Never did, but I think I might.

• I have no desire to.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Preston

Reaction score
[align=center]Hiya there,

Has anyone here dared to make a themed condo? Inside, outside, or both?

I mean if you went with a certain themed housing style, such as modern, Japanese, traditional, retro. Also, basing the outside of the condo on some kind of architectural structure, or just a unique structure you thought up.

I've always been very crafty and decided to take on the challenge. I'm trying to make it look like Buckingham Palace on the outside and very nice architecture on the inside:

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i78/katbear121/Buckingham.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i215/belgian_boogiepop/P4270009.jpg

It's actually coming out fantastic. I'm placing small wood boards over the NIC panels in the same way Buckingham looks. I've bought a few of those ceramic statues you can find at the dollar store to place in the front of the palace/condo. I'm still leaving plenty of space for the cage to air out, it's not completely boarded up. The inside will probably be much harder, but I'm planning to use spruce wood for pillar inside to give it an elegant look. Has anyone else tried or succeeded in making a themed condo?

~Preston[/align]

My condo matches the room It's in. It looks like a piece of furniture rather than just a cage.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how it turns out! Just make sure you protect the inside for both the bunny's safety as well as making sure it doesn't look like you are keeping a pet beaver instead :p

Maybe this will be a new trend and bunnies will be living in tiny Taj mahols or hobbit houses in the future!

Nelsons_Mom wrote:
Maybe this will be a new trend and bunnies will be living in tiny Taj mahols or hobbit houses in the future!

Hobbit houses -- now there's an idea!!:highfive: That would be so cute!

The themed cages are a great idea.

(Mine also justblends with the family room furniture)

[align=center]Oh trust me, their safety is in my best interest. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find those plastic things that cover cabinets, and edges of wood that you don't want your buns to chew. Thank you.

~Preston[/align]

Maybe a hardware store like ace, or home improvement store like lowes or home depot? I am anxious to see what you come up with.:biggrin:

[align=center]If I manage to perfect this thing, I'm thinking about selling a do-it-yourself kit with all the necessary parts and instructions. Does anyone know if people actually buy such a thing, or does everybody construct them themselves? How much do you guys think a two to three story themed condo would sell for, or how much you would be willing to pay for one. Thanks again everyone.

~Preston[/align]

Look on e-bay. There are people who sell coroplast already cut, and nic cubes with zipties and they are selling them for a fortune compared to the cost.:shock:

Latest posts

Back