The time has {almost} come!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AFthfulJrney

Reaction score
We are finally going to meet our newest addition to the family tomorrow! We are all just a wee bit excited!

The cage is up and ready to go. Food and hay has been bought. I just had a few more questions. :)

What, if anything do I need to know about bringing a baby bunny home the first few days? How should we act with her? Holding her a lot? Letting her be in her cage to get used to everything new? I just want us to all bond with her really well and not to overwhelm her.

Also, since she is still a baby {just being allowed away from her mother} do I start her off on the litter training right away? I already have the pan in her cage, with the litter in it, but wasn't sure if she was able to just start learning right away. And how exactly do I encourage litter training? Is there a "secret" to it that I need to know?

I put a small, fleece, blanket inside her cage as well as a Timothy Hay hut with strips of fleece placed inside of it.

If there is anything elseat all that you feel is necessary for me to know, I would appreciate it!

Thank you!

It depends on the rabbit really. Put her in the cage when you get home for a couple of hours and let her acclimate to everything. If she is laid back and doesn't seem scared then go ahead and interact with her. Open her cage door and see if she comes out.

If she is frightened then give her some more time. I just got two flemish giants recently, bought separately, and they were fine from the moment I brought them in the house. Cammy hopped in the litter box and started eating about 20 seconds after I put her in the pen. That breed is pretty mellow though.

As far as the litter training I start immediately. If you see she is picking a certain corner to pee put the box there. Pick up any stray poops and put them in the box. She will get it eventually.

Good luck with your new bun!
:rabbithop

I'm happy for you. I know how excited you must be, I'm getting my new bunny soon. I've been bunny proofing my room. Give you new bun a kiss for me!

Latest posts

Back