The third digging question in a row, wow

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeatherMarie

Reaction score
[align=center]I've been taking Baby FatFace out to play more often. and he will just chill beside me for like a half hour and then climb on my chest and dig frantically at my shirt and bite and pull at it, like they do with paper and what not. My question is: is this his way of playing with me or is he saying woah, put me back i don't like this? i don't wanna keep doing it if it upsets him, but i'm not quite sure! thanks!
[/align]

That could be many things, so you will need to look at his behaviour before and after, and also yours.

It could be he is playing, or he is annoyed and wants to go back, equally he might need the toilet (if he is litter trained) and want to go back for the loo, it might be that you are not giving him a fuss in the right way (or not at all) and he wants some, it might be he is trying to make your clothes comfy to lie on and sleep in, it really could be many things.

How does he react before/after? What are you doing slightly before that happens?

Is he neutered?

Berry-Boo did that constantly before her spay. Now she rarely does it. She does it when she needs to go back to her cage for the litter pan, though.

If he is grooming you and loving on you before, he might be demanding you do the same to him. If you stroke him and give him a fuss when he does it, does he stop?

Mine usually bite my clothing anddig at cloth when they want me to put them down....

I have noticed that with the shelter rabbits also.
If he is voluntarily climbing on you and then biting anddigging he could just be playing with your clothing

Mine get in boxes and scratch at the bottom of them endlessly ..something about digging is just bunny behavior.

My bun loves to "groom" and rearrange fabric, and has lately taken to sitting on my chest and digging on my pajama top, rearranging it and so on. (I have a t-shirt on underneath and usually have the pj top unbuttoned.) with her it's about grooming and playing.

Sometimes she'll dig on my pants leg to get my attention, but it's also playing. Buns are born to dig! :)

Our more dominant female bun digs on us a semi-often; her sister hardly ever shows this behavior. But our male likes to dig on me quite a bit. (I appreciate it when he gets my lower back, which I accept as a nice back scratch.) And all three of our bunners are speutered.

To be honest, I think that it can be either a playful or a domineering behavior, depending on the bun and the situation.

Jenk

Back