The Summer TV Season

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirbyultra

Reaction score
Now that the regular season is over, what is everyone watching? I'm kind of bummed that some of my faves have completed their finale and won't be returning. I have some DVDs to watch, but it's stuff I have seen before. I may start up netflix again if I'm desperate. Anything on tv right now worth watching? Or movie suggestions?:)

Desperate Housewives ended last week, not back till January, I'm going to miss it! I'm watching Sex and the City on DVDs, that ended years ago though. I have been watching the American version of 'Who Do You Think You Are?' on TV of a Thursday night as well. Also '16 and Pregnant' lol, I think it is good.

I hate to admit it- but I'm addicted to "The Secret Life of the American Teenager".

I've watched it ever since it began....

Whale Wars is pretty much the only show that's back for summer that I'm watching.

I was watching Justified, but it ended last week I think.

Now I'm watching Drop Dead Diva and Army Wives. I only got into DDD because of AW, but it's cute.

Army Wives is a really good show, but it's seems like it's getting a little hokey to me. Especially with the Pamela spin-off they are trying to launch.

I started watching Pretty Little Liars last week. So far its ok if you like that kind of teenager show.

True blood also started this week!

I have my PVR set to record The Gates on Sunday. Looks like a combo of desperate housewives meets vampires. Hopefully its good.

I also love Lie to Me which just started its summer season. Great show!

Top Chef also just started. But then again i'm addicted to the food network.

I also watch Army wives. Its not the greatest show but I like it. This season is kind of lame tho.

LOL...how sad is this: I watch rerun after rerun of "Little House on the Prairie". :biggrin: Can't say I care for too many other shows any more. Well, I just watched the season finale for "Breaking Bad", which was good...but other than that, it's Little House. And I'm waiting for "Dexter" to come back on this fall.

(degrassi, you would LOVE the dinner I had last weekend, if you're a fan of things like Top Chef. My nephew was in town for a quick visit, and he's a top chef from NS. He's won competitions all over the world, he teaches, caters, etc., and has been on Canada's "The Next Great Chef" twice when it aired. The meal he prepared for us on the weekend was spectacular!! (I'll post pics of the food in Yofi's blog.)

degrassi wrote:
I have my PVR set to record The Gates on Sunday. Looks like a combo of desperate housewives meets vampires. Hopefully its good.

I wish I had HBO to watch the good stuff. The Gates looked a little hokey to me but I guess I will have to watch it to know for sure.

Lie to Me is on the summer season?! WOW I thought it'd be too popular for summer season, but I am thankful for something decent to watch. I love that show.

Flashpoint on CBS!!!!! I love Flashpoint. Criminal Minds, CSI NY and before it finished Numb3rs. I'm a CBS junkie. So I'm watching their re-runs and Flashpoint this summer.
Also I have the older seasons of the above shows, Dukes of Hazzard. Harry Potter, Twilight, Lord of the Rings over and over again plus some of my anime.

kirbyultra wrote:
degrassi wrote:

I wish I had HBO to watch the good stuff. The Gates looked a little hokey to me but I guess I will have to watch it to know for sure.

Lie to Me is on the summer season?! WOW I thought it'd be too popular for summer season, but I am thankful for something decent to watch. I love that show.
I don't have HBO. I just download all the good HBO/showtime shows. The Gates is on regular cable though.

Lie to me did this weird thing with season 2. They played half the season in the Fall up until Dec. and then now they are showing the second half of season 2 now - August. Glee kind of did a similar thing but their break wasn't as long, most shows that are doing this new 2 part season thing came back in March. Kind of annoying but atleast now I have something to watch during the summer.

RexyRex wrote:
Army Wives is a really good show, but it's seems like it's getting a little hokey to me. Especially with the Pamela spin-off they are trying to launch.
i defintely think it has changed since it first came on, it isnt as good as it was. And i have to ask what was the spin off? i dont remember seeing or hearing anything

I absolutely hate most reality shows, and they're about all that's on now.
I missed a bunch of episodes of The Office and 30 Rock this season, but I wasn't really into the current seasons, so I don't know if I'll try to catch them or not.

I've been exploring other shows on NetFlix, they've had a lot of good shows on instant view lately. I LOVE instant view!! Anyway, I recently watched the whole run of Arrested Development, which might be the funniest show I've ever seen. So quirky, I am astonished it made it three seasons on the air. Not sure how I missed watching it until this year. Now I'm working my way through Weeds. It's ok, I'm halfway through season 5 and I'm losing interest. The earlier seasons were better, I think. I got the first disc of the first season of Mad Men awhile back, but wasn't really into it. Might bump the next disc up to the top of my queue, though.

Mostly I try to avoid being in the room when my husband is watching tv, though, the three thing he watches are cartoons, UFC fights, and commercials. (He will surf during the actual shows but watch the commercials, then proclaim there is nothing on.) I hate all of those things! For some annoying reason he won't go watch that crap in the other room so I can watch instant-view movies in the living room. Grr.

We just got how I met your mother and cougar town back on. They're playing one episode we haven't seen, and then one repeat episode.

And we still have House and The Good Wife, episodes that are new to us. We are always behind over here!

I am interested whether these shows are popular in the US and other countries? Sometimes shows that the US make but didn't love do well over here.

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
i defintely think it has changed since it first came on, it isnt as good as it was. And i have to ask what was the spin off? i dont remember seeing or hearing anything
There is talk of Pamela getting a spin off showing how she's now a single mother and a Charleston Police Officer...let me know if you watched last week, I don't want to give anything away!!

Latest posts

Back