The story of Indi and Cassie

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indianavex

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

My name is Indi. I'm a 20-something university student in the southeast USA. For a quiet companion to keep in my small apartment living area, I chose a rabbit. When I went to go choose my rabbit back in mid-July of this year, I found Gastonia, NC rabbitry Whispering Hope Farms and asked for a girl, didn't matter what age, didn't matter what color, Holland Lop, and as long as she was quiet and docile. She brought out a rabbit named "Sunbeam." I left with a rabbit I renamed "Cassandra," or "Cassie."

Cassie is an ex-breeding doe. The breeder didn't know her exact age or birthdate, but estimated anywhere from 1-2 years old. I had no prior vet records for her. Since being with me, she's had her initial examination, her ovario-hysterectomy, her back teeth filed (suspected high pellet low roughage diet), and her intestinal parasite test.

She's an odd, quiet, shy type with apparently little socialization and probably not the best choice for a first-time rabbit owner. Hence coming here!

Hi there and welcome to RO! This is definitely an excellent place to learn more about rabbits. Be sure to check out our library and feel free to ask any questions.

What are you studying? I majored in Animal Science in undergrad and am now a first year vet student.

Thank you for the welcome! :) And I'm currently studying anthropology.

I'll have oodles of behavior questions, though. Cassie is a bit of a quirky bird and I think I've taken her a bit of getting used to!

Welcome! I'm curious to hear about her behavior. I think rabbits are fascinating little animals. You never know, she could be "normal" as far as bunnies go :)

I just posted in the behavior section asking, but yes, she could be completely normal and I'm the weird one. I'd never know! haha

Welcome to the forum! There's tons of great info for first time bunny owners (I am one myself!). From your picture, she sure looks like a cutie pie!! :D

indianavex wrote:
I just posted in the behavior section asking, but yes, she could be completely normal and I'm the weird one. I'd never know! haha

No, no, no I'm not saying you are weird, haha, just that she could be more normal than you think :biggrin2:

@cwolfec - Thank you for the welcome! She really is a doll, I think she's just the cutest thing.

@agnesthelion - Well she probably thinks I'm a big, awkward, funny smelling rabbit anyway. Weird isn't so bad. ;)

Welcome to RO and congrats on getting Cassie
This site is a great way to get information on rabbits and there are many great folk that can give you advice.

Latest posts

Back