The Stormhaven Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runestonez

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Well...I started one of these a while ago...:whistling
ButI fell behind! WAY behind!

So here goes again! Since I am a mod now I think I should do a better job at staying current! lol;)

And besides Soooska keeps giving me heck for no updated photos or garden pics!:biggrin:

So...
I am a 37 year old bunny slave!
We have 10 bunns right now and 5 cats...but our cats pretty much ignore us! lol
Unless we are feeding them or making the bed and distrubing them...they couldn't care lessif we existed!:biggrin:

I am a little OCD when it comes to destroying things...I cannot be happy without pulling things apart or ripping the guts out of our house! I don't always manage to put things back the way I found them...but I start out well intentioned!
My hubby Tony is VERY understanding...but he really can't put the things back together either so he needs me! :biggrin:

Wegot our first bunn in 2005...for all the wrong reasons...I saw a bunn I was lonely and she kicked Tony so hard in the face she almost put him on his butt in the middle of the petstore! She only just barely fit in the palm of my hand! She HAD to be ours! We did our research (after the fact) but we still lost her at about a year and half. She was a wonderful bunn! It was because of her we began to take in rescues and abandoned bunns!

Our setup forour bunns has changed and evolved over the years...we keep looking for better ways to house, feed, groom, clean litter...anything to keep one step ahead of the rabbit rabble!:biggrin2:

This is our front rabbit room setup (also known asour livingroom!):biggrin:

FrontBunns3.jpg

Our bunns used to have a 4 level condo each...but they stopped coming out for regular exercise and spent all their time in their hutches...:shame

Our two young bucks are on the bottom...Darwin on the left and Guffy on the right...
Our oldest male is on the top left, Daphne and our little loppy female Zoe is on the top right!
The top bunns have a ramp that we put up for them when it is their"out" time...we are trying to bond Daphne and Zoe...and they groom each other through the NIC's...but it usually degrades into a headbutting match!lol
Guffy and Darwin are desperate to play together again...but after their last tussle and the resulting vet bills and abscess...I have been stalling! I admit it! I know they love being together...but they make me crazy...so I have been avoiding their "together" time!

Here is another pic of the setup.

FrontBunns.jpg

And one with their ramp set up!

FrontBunnswithramp.jpg

We built the hutches on a peice of 3/4" plywood for stability...being in the front of the house and the livingroom in particular we need to be able to move the hutch setup to vacuum and clean around and under it...so it rolls on 6 sets of wheels for easy cleanup.

We setup two 2 x 2 NIC hutches on the bottom...placed another piece of 3/8 ply on top of those hutches and used 1 1/2" deck screws to hold it in place. We drilled them through the NIC clips...and they were just long enough to hold the ply in place without popping out on the bunns side!

We then covered that shelf in sticky tiles and put a layer of carpet on top of that! Weadded a nice little strip of chair rail around the outside to keep the top NIC's from sliding or moving out of place...all in all it is a VERY sturdy setup! It cannot tip and it has very little play to it! :biggrin: When I build stuff it stays built!:biggrin2:

We added a wooden shelf across the top to store treats and their bag of hay...with an NIC shelf to the side for their winter towels and pellets!

Our bunnya's from top left to bottom right!
DaphneButt-he is NOT a fan of photos...he used to be but they have worn pretty thin by now!
DaphneButt.jpg

A little better pic of the angry Daphne!
Daphnehiding.jpg

Our Zoe baby...otherwise known as..."the football", "tonka chunk", "chewbie", chew-chew" and finally "Zoots"!
Zoegirl.jpg

Our youngest boy Darwin...he is a Holland Lop but is almost 5 pounds at 7 months old! Our vet thinks he may have been crossed with a giraffe! Even when he was taking Baytril for his foot he was still gaining weight! He is always hungry and is always under the impression we are starving him!
Darwin2.jpg

Here is our Guffy! I interrupted him in the middle of a particularly yummy foot chew for this photo! lol He always has that half amused look on his face as though he knows something particularly funny he isn't going to tell!:biggrin2:
Maguffin2.jpg

We also have a room in the back of the house...formerly known as the "guest"room...
This is the area where we put our more aggressive adoptable babies...oronesthat need more watching or attention!;) They are right 'round the corner from my side of the bed...I am a light sleeper so any unusual noises bring me running on the double!!:D

We just finished re-doing this bunn-room in October! It took us a while to get things setup the way we wanted! We have 6 bunns back here and with all the hutches on the ground no one had any room to play! And I can't let them have the run of the back of the house since a few have serious territory issues and cat issues to work out!:biggrin:

BackBunnyRoom2.jpg

So we built a table onto the wall it is 32" front to back and just over 9 feet long...
It is made of 3/4" plywood and covered in sticky tiles...we also put cloroplast frames under the hutches since the top ones are all attached and any "accidents" would be a nightmare to cleanup! We put a peice of baseboard across the front to pretty it up some and it is supported in the front by 3 peices of 2 x 3 pine protected from bunny teeth inside sono tubes! A cardboard backsplash was added since bunny butts don't always stay in their litterboxes while peeing! lol So all in all it is an excellent setup for us! Uber easy to keep clean and tidy!

BackBunnyRoom5.jpg

I vacuum once everyday andscoop litter every third day! So lots of one on one bunn time!:biggrin2:

Just like the kids in the front room the top bunns have a ramp they use to exit their hutch and head to the floor for playtime!
Oliverandhisramp.jpg

Since our bunns are all over the house...I used to bring them each to the diningroom table to groom them...but if any ever got brave and decided to jump they would be in a world of hurt when whichever bunn was having their"outtime" got a hold of them!:( So I made us a grooming table! It holds all our brushes and tidbits for torturing our bunns...with room for the first aid kit on the bottom! It has four wheels for easy rolling...I just roll it up to whatever particular bun is due for their grooming and voila...angry bunny! :biggrin2:;)
Groomingtable.jpg

Overall a good design...learned quickly that doors across the front would be an even better idea since I regularly have to pull bunns off the bottom shelf as well...it's on my list of "stuff" to do! :biggrin2:

Our backroom bunns from top left to bottom right!

Oliver--he was left at our vet to be euthanized because his breeder was moving and had run out of time to find him a home...he is in his terrible teens and driving us nuts right now! He made the mistake of biting hubby a while ago and hasn't been fully forgiven yet! lol:biggrin2: We are in the process of bonding him to Gypsy!
Oliver.jpg

Gypsy--Olivers "possible" mate...if she ever stops whupping his butt! She is half his size and a bossy little devil! She loves him as long as he is on the other side of a set of NIC's...but kicks his butt everywhere when they are together! lol A one pound terror!:biggrin:
Gypsy2.jpg

Gypsy built the most beautiful nest this morning...she always puts all her toys in them! They look so comfy and warm!(she is spayed)
100_6231.jpg

Peppers--Our little terror! In mix up between her and Gypsy...I really don't know who would win...but she and Gypsy try constantly to get at one another whenever they can...so now they are housed side by side...(there is a method to my madness!;)) Peppy is also the bunn who blacked our petsitters eyes...both of them! She is a very sad and angry little bunn...and even after 5 years can still only be handled by me. She makes me so sad...as I know she is very unhappy. She lost her two bonded mates and refuses to bond again...but is so unhappy single! :(
100_4084.jpg

Tucker and Portia--If any of you read my posts...you may have heard of the aggressive little bugger who tried to bite off my finger...THAT would be the angelic little Tucker!:rofl: He was a holy terror when he came home...we got suckered into bringing his sister with us as well! They were supposed to be new bonded mates for Peppy...but she decided she hated them...so we finally gave up! Tucker is absolutely paranoid about someone stealing his "girl"...he spends his entire day "protecting her...and in the process driving her nuts!
TuckerCuteFace.jpg

This is the long suffering Portia! She is our travel bunn...we take her to venues for OREO and to schools to meet and teach children...she is VERY patient and VERY friendly...basically the antithesis of Tucker!
PrettyPortia.jpg

And last but not least is our Leo! He definately does NOT approve of the camera...but he is learning to grin and bear it! lol He is such a funny little guy! He is so very quiet and unassuming! His mate Sophie had to be pts last January and he has refused to use his litterbox for his poops since then...but poops are poops and the pees always end up in the right spot...so we mostly just call it a draw!;):biggrin2:
LittleLeo.jpg

And that is our updated bunn blog!:biggrin2:

Besides the fact that the weather has everyone in and out of moults every two seconds...and my vacuum is having a nervous breakdown...things are good! No illnesses...Darwin is keeping his feet out of Guffys mouth...and the constant barrage of fur is keeping all our relatives at bay!:biggrin2:

Life is good!:biggrin2:

Danielle:)

YEAH!!!! You finally started a blog. Now you must keep adding entries with pictues ver frequently.

Susan :)

ps

Beautiful Bunnies :inlove:

OMG I think your buns have more toys then mine and I didn't think that was possible.

All your buns are adorable. I love that Gypsy builds a nest and puts her toys in it. That is so adorable. Tucker and Portia look so much like my Little Bunny. She is a mean little thing too. I am not great on rabbit breeds but because they look like they could be twins I am guessing yours are lionheads. My vet once told me most lionheads don't think they are rabbits, they think they are lions. lol Can't wait to see more pictures.

Oh and please share where you have gotten all those wonderful toys. I know I see ones in there I have not yet purchased lol

Amy-Most of the toys you see...if they are plastic or stuffed we bought them...most likely at the Dollarstore...if they are wooden they were made by me!:)

HartleyBunn-all our kids have different personalities! It isn't hard to keep them happy though...I am a horrible person when it comes to treats! LOL:biggrin2:I pretty much give them treats whenever I happen to walk by...and treats go a long way to making everybody happy! ...Fat ...but happy!;)

Soooska-Stop bugging me!:stikpokelol
I will have pics of the gardens soon...everything is still a little bare right now!:D
I love Winstons colouring!

Are you related to Soooska at all? LOL:biggrin2::stikpoke

I will update tomorrow! Right now I am in bunny doo-doo for DARING to pick up the trail of poops Tucker laid down to let everybody know he was on the rampage! LOL

I'm persona non grata in the bunn room right now!:biggrin2:

I have been called the crazy rabbit lady by our vet, by our neighbours...pretty much by anyone who knows me! lol:D

Today hubby took me to dinner theater for lunch...it was nice!
We don't get out too often because we haveour bunns ona very strict schedule!
Mom and Dads one day off!:biggrin2:
It was at the racetrack...we haven't been there before and it was really pretty! The food was nice and we had fun! I won $30 at the slots! (I have no idea how people can sit there plunking at those things all day!)

So about 10 miutes into dinner...the one lady starts to talk about how her daughter wants to be a vet. And she is thinking about being an exotics vet...yup...there goes Dani! Caution...foot in mouth!

I spent the whole dinner hour answering the others questions about rabbits and rabbit care...I finally got to eat when the one woman noticed I hadn't eaten more than a mouthful...so whileit was nice food...it was a tad cold! :Dlol I handed out a whole whack of business cards and I am pretty much hoarse now! LOL:biggrin2:

Even on a day off I still manage to rabbit Tony to the point of distraction! :biggrin:

Oh yeah...the point of the blog...they decided to call me the Rabbit Lady from now on!<sigh> I think I see a trend developing...Hubby found me a T-shirt that says crazy rabbit lady...I may just buy it! lol;)

Aw that dinner sounded lovely :)

An estate agents here in London now refers to me as 'Crazy Rabbit Lady' :grumpy
I was only looking for a new flat, and explained that if they didn't allow bunnies free-roaming, I wouldn't take it, no matter how nice/cheap/good value it was, because my buns are with me for life.

And I walked in there after speaking to someone on the phone, and then viewing a flat, and said my name, and she said 'AHH YOU'RE the crazy rabbit lady- I'll go and get Dave'.

And I was left standing there a little surprised lol!!!
I guess it's not a bad nick-name to have! But non-bunny lovers will interpret it strangely.

I want that t-shirt lol!!! Hehehe!
Jen

I guess now would be the time!
Ihave a show this weekend in Milton...so I have to make up more toys for the rabbit peoples!:D

I am horrible at taking pics! I take 'em and lose 'em! LOL

I'll give it a shot! :biggrin2:

Where's the updated pictures Dani?;)

So what toys are you making now?:whistling

Give all the babies a kiss from me.:big kiss:

Susan:bunny18

Hey!:grumpy
Stop smooching on my bunnies lady! :biggrin2:

I make lots of toys! You saw most of them at the All About Pets Show! LOL
Bribing people with bunn toys...
That's how I sucker people into helping me! :weee:

So what are you doing this Sunday? hmm? he he he! :coolness:

Dani:)

Runestonez wrote:
Hey!:grumpy
Stop smooching on my bunnies lady! :biggrin2:

I make lots of toys!  You saw most of them at the All About Pets Show!  LOL
Bribing people with bunn toys...
That's how I sucker people into helping me!  :weee:

So what are you doing this Sunday?  hmm?  he he he! :coolness:

Dani:)

Hey don't forget to mail my toys!!!!:whistling

Anyway don't put pictures tell I get mine I want to be surprised.

Latest posts

Back