The Sad, Strange Life of a NCISaholic...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CKGS wrote:
Boy that sure does stink Irish! And hey I have a bit of a fiery temper also- some guys like this! Lol.
Still haven't come up with the perfect name yet but for some reason 'Tony' keeps coming to mind when I see him, which does fir into the NCIS theme.
I had a Gibbs for a short time and he went on to attack me one day while out for floor and taming time- not so great of a taming time that day so he has gone on to another home....
tony... thats a great name! if i get another male bunny, im calling him patrick, and if i get another female, jane.. like the mentalist star charatar- patrick jane:p

ha ha .lol. cool. imagion it was a dog not a rabbit..
your in park calling "NEWBIE! NEWBIE! HERE BOY/GIRL!"
and peolple are like whta is he/she on about1!

I'm a bit down today... I have such a hard time dealing with losing my pets as they become family quickly. I even had a hard time rehoming Gibbs who I had to rehome due to his temperment. He wasn't a right fit for this family due to my children. I will never risk them being injured by any animal.
Back to my emotional soap box though... It is so hard to see how many people dump or give their pets away daily and seem to not think anything about it. It kills my soul. I can't imagine just waking up one day and thinking I am tired of Abby being a terd it's time for her to go.... Or Tony is too big now- he needs to go. There are always sooo many excuses and most, to me, sound horrible. Volunteering at shelters I think I have heard every excuse, including this one- They brought in an older black German Shepherd/Lab cross and actually stated as the reason for surrender- "Moved to new house and it has white carpet. He sheds his BLACK hair all over it." As if him having a black coat caused this to happen! One lady turned in a 12 year old yellow labrador because the family had gotten a new pup and when he jumped all over this old dog and stole his food- the old dog growled and lunged at the 'new baby'. Hmmm.... 12 year old dog who gave his whole life to loving you or 8 week old puppy??? Not an question in this house! I wish I could have told those people what happened to him.... He was a good old dog but no one wanted an old dog. He grieved horribly his last few days. I wish they had to watch that. We tried our darndest to get him to feel loved while there but he just existed.... I wanted to take him home but I was losing the battle with my own elderly dog at the time and fighting to keep her healthy and more importantly happy in her final months. I don't understand abandoning animals who have loved you their whole lives when they are fading away. Why do people feel the need to dump a supposedly loved one when they become harder to care for? And then I've heard the selfish reasons for turning them in- 'We couldn't watch him/her go downhill. He/she used to be so active.' My god, grow a backbone. Stick with the animal who stuck with you through all your crap. When it came time for me to release my GSD from suffering I didn't cop out although it would have been easier on my at that moment to walk out of the room. No, I stayed with her til the end and beyond that because she had done that for me and 'her kids' all her life. I cried buckets that day and still do when I see her tribute frame hanging up. I kiss her pic good night nearly every night since she's been gone. Never could I have dumped someone so precious to me. Someone who had loved my children as much as I. I just don't understand it.
The reason I am on this rant is because the neighbors dog hadn't been outside recently so when I saw them today I asked them about him and they said they had taken him to the pound. He is a 14 year old black lab. I know his fate... and am sickened and saddened by their lack of concern. He had been with them for 13 of those years and they threw him away because he had been having trouble getting to his feet and urinated in the house a couple of times the past 2 weeks. Grrrr..... How infuriating!

I read your post earlier and it made me sad. I totally get what your saying. :( If animals could only talk. I don't know how people could be so heartless. :X

I know why this anger came about. I know that I would of been heart broken if I had to give up my bunnies. I never gave up on Monsters when her health was failing. It never even crossed my mind.

I too don't understand the reason people give to give up there pets. Especially ones they have for years.

(((Rebecca))) (((April))) I can always count on you two and (((Rosie))) and (((Flashy))) for mega emotional support when I need it. All of you guys are great.

Tony is quite a character! I have often thought some animals have bomb proof character/temperment and he has it.
Today he went up to this big birthday balloon left over from my sons' bday party and put his big paw on it before I could stop him. I just knew it was going to pop and it did. My son and I both jumped and my son squealed. Tony just very calmly looked at it, picked it up with his mouth and looked at us as if to say- What is your problem? He didn't jump, he didn't startle.... We expected it to pop and we still jumped when it did. He is apparently going to be a stoic lil' guy. Such a trooper. I am so pleased with him and blessed to have him in my family!

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
I know why this anger came about. I know that I would of been heart broken if I had to give up my bunnies. I never gave up on Monsters when her health was failing. It never even crossed my mind.

I too don't understand the reason people give to give up there pets. Especially ones they have for years.
i also did not give up on jf when he was fatally ill. but i made a mixstake, and gave up on my self...
i dont understand people giving away pets WITHOUT a reason. i understand if there is one.
hope you feel better ckgs:(

Thanks so much. I have alot less anger today than I did yesterday which is good. I don't think anger is bad as long as used in a constructive way and most people who have worked to make a change (in any area) have been angry about something. I just hope I can mostly use my anger in a positive way.
Today is a new day though and I'm gonna focus on other things today like taking care of my kiddos and myself and of course the buns. The kids, the fiance, and myself are all sick. Both the little ones are sick and I am now too. So today is their day to be pampered and loved on by me. The buns may be a bit neglected until my babies are all better.

CKGS wrote:
(((Rebecca))) (((April))) I can always count on you two and (((Rosie))) and (((Flashy))) for mega emotional support when I need it. All of you guys are great.

Thanks Janet. I think your great too :)

I'm glad Tony is doing good in his newhome. :biggrin2:He sounds like a wonderful bun.

Hope you all start feeling better soon. It's no fun being sick. :pray:

...April

Thanks again April.

Not only am I not feeling well but I left negative feedback for a member of ebay for an item we bought. It wasn't nasty, just stated that it wasn't exactly what was in the ad. This 'man' has been leaving me nasty messages all day. He has 'pity on my children' and would love to be able to come to my door and knock on it. I can't believe any 'man' could say these things to a woman and still live with himself in the morning. I can't believe how irate this guy is. It's ridiculous. What's even more ridiculous is he think he is in the right and I am in the wrong. I would never talk to anyone I know like this let alone someone I know nothing about! He has my address because he shipped the item, that sorta worries me because of how he's acting. I asked him to not contact me again and he has only sent one email since telling me he doesn't want to know anymore.? Wierd. My fiance' would have went through the roof if he had been here and been the one talking to this guy. I don't understand how or why people over react to this sort of thing. He had already had other negative feedback before, not too bad though. I wonder if he harassed these poor people too.

Oh wow, maybe you should make a police report if he don't stop. He's crazy. If he can't handle anegative comment, he shouldn't be selling stuff. If you have a answering machine I wouldn't even deal with him anymore and just let the police deal with him.

If it keeps up I will definetly go file a report if I can. I don't know how it works. He lives in a different state and don't know that there is much he can do other than harass but that will get old very quickly. I just hope he stops and leaves me the heck alone. I'm not bothering him.

Boy it sure does stink being sick- if I could smell I'm sure it would stink..Lol. Anyway, now we have gotten everyone in my family sick. I feel bad about that but we tried to stay away from eachother which of course, doesn't always work. My baby girl is actually doing much better. She is actually doing the best which is surprising because she is the youngest and I breastfeed soo I thought she'd be getting worse but instead is getting better everyday which is great! She's such a strong lil girl. The only problem we have had out of her is that when she got a tiny cut on her finger earlier this year she wouldn't stop bleeding. We had to rush her to the doctor. He thinks she may have a bleeding disorder. I sure hope not. Other than that she has been as healthy as an ox (to quote my grandmother). I love those old sayings.
I have had to move Abby's cage as now that she and Tony have gotten into it that one time he now tries to get at her through the cage bars when he gets his free time. He actually had her by the fur yesterday trying to pull her through the cage bars. I am thinking about trying time out with him like I do my youngest kids. Lol. I wonder if that would work.
Today I may be bringing a new bun home. I have posted pics of him here and he is adorable but I am watching temperment closer since having Gibbs. I don't want to have to rehome another bun. That hurts.

Your gonna have a job bonding them 2. It may take awhile. Gonna have to take it real slow. Abby must be really hormonal or something. They say Lionheads are high strung. Lol.

Good Luck with the other bunny today. I'm so jealous. I would love to have another bunny but we have to many pets as it is. Update us Asap! :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back