The price of Coroplast

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmh9023

Reaction score
I just called Fast Signs to get the price of a5x8 sheet of coroplast and it was $53.....and that was with adiscount!! I thought I've read other posts from people whohave found it much cheaper. Any suggestions?

Nah, I think it's pretty much aroundthat. You could check Lowes, Home Depot and ask if they haveany remnants of flooring they would sell you that would becheaper. Or, what I might end up doing is just getting asheet of wood and stick those tiles to it. That'll be aboutthe cheapest way to go. Unless you happen to have some leftover flooring lying around.:)

I paid $20 for a full sheet. Check thethickness. I found that they have different thicknesses available, ofcourse the thinner it is the cheaper it is.

I'll explain what I'm trying to do, because maybe someone will have ideas...

My girl Sherry poops and pees everywhere. She's been tested andre-tested forany health problems and the only abnormalresulthas beenthat she's e.c. positive. I've triedeverything like extra litterboxes, etc. I've finally accepted defeatand decided that's just what she's gonna do!

I'm making a modified NIC cage. I madea floor of NIC grids,then attached some hardware cloth on top of that (with smaller holes soher feet don't fall through). I'm going to set it on some blocks ofwood that are about 3" high.I want to make a tray out ofcoroplast that fits exactly under the cage to catch all her stray"stuff" that I could pull out and clean. I could get a plastic pan fora dog crate but they are either 36" (too small) or 42" which won't fitbecause of the wood blocks holding it up.

Any ideas?

I happen to know (My mom's boyfriend is in thesignage business) that there is a 10 mm(1cm) thickness and a 4mmthickness. Ask. I'd also try calling a few otherplaces.

wow. . . i didn't pay anywere near that!

the sheet that i cost was $10 for the whole sheet, but she cut it to the size i needed and only charged $5

katt wrote:
wow. . . i didn't pay anywere near that!

the sheet that i cost was $10 for the whole sheet, but she cut it to the size i needed and only charged $5
Where the heck did you get it:shock:. That's great.

I work for a real estate company and the place they get their signsfrom is out of KS. I wouldn't even get a deal fromthem. I just asked today. Thinking of calling thenew Fast Signs just up the street from me and see what they say for athin piece.:)

Some of the shops will sell it to you cheaper if you tell them it's for an animal cage ;)

Also, Ask if they have any damaged or miscut pieces as those will most likely be sold at a discount.

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
katt wrote:
wow. . . ididn't pay anywere near that!

Where the heck did you get it:shock:. That's great.

I work for a real estate company and the place they get their signsfrom is out of KS. I wouldn't even get a deal fromthem. I just asked today. Thinking of calling thenew Fast Signs just up the street from me and see what they say for athin piece.:)

it is just a small locally owned sign shop

i brought in a photo of my buns, and they thought they were cute!

i called every sign shop in the area. . . the ones that would sell asheet of it were asking around $20 and i could only get basic white

then i talked to this place, and not only did i get my sheet for $5, but there was about 10 colors to choose from!

Have you tried walking around Home Depot orMenards? They don't have coroplast but sometimes I findsolutions just by looking around.

Is there any way you could get some used coroplast signs?

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
You could check Lowes, Home Depot and ask if they have anyremnants of flooring they would sell you that would becheaper. Or, what I might end up doing is just getting asheet of wood and stick those tiles to it. That'll be aboutthe cheapest way to go. Unless you happen to have some leftover flooring lying around.:)
I needed an overnight solution when I had Wyatt.
I found a leftover piece of linolium from our kitchen.
It was 3' x 8' and worked out perfectly.

naturestee wrote:
Is there any way you could get some used coroplast signs?
Places that have the advertising signs like Tim Hortons (donutshops), food shops, gas stations, will eventuallythrow out their old chloroplast to put in newsigns. You can ask them to save them for you whenthey take them down. That's how I gotmine.

Rainbows! :)

Latest posts

Back