The Present Dilemma

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:pray: how frustrating!

I don't think it makes you a bad person or gives you any reason to feel guilty if you return things and get something you really want instead, though - they want you to be happy and you're getting what makes you happy. you can appreciate the thought/effort even when exchanging a gift.

I don't really have any advice for you... I never got the chance to have an adult relationship with my parents and I've kinda chosen to push my extended family out of my life because it's just too hard to be the orphan at big family get-togethers (plus my grandmother on my mom's side is bat-crap-crazy, got cut out of my life for being toxic and is usually at family gatherings).

I'm thinking maybe she got you the ice cream maker off of amazon because something happened to the family one or she can't find it, etc... maybe the pizza pan was an extra prezzie because she felt bad that the ice cream maker she got you wasn't the kind you were hoping for?

it may be worth a shot to inquire about it... and heck, you could always just outright ask her if it would bother her if you returned it and kept looking for exactly what you had in mind (obviously thanking her for the gift, etc. in the process) - she may give you her blessing to do so and then you'd have even less reason to feel guilty about it. I don't know your family dynamics, though... some people really wouldn't mind at all if you exchanged something, but some families can be passive-aggressive and might say they didn't when they really did... (my mom's side of the family was god-awful about that, it drove both of us nuts).

Latest posts

Back